Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He is so bad and has no fight about him whatsoever. 

Anita is probably one of the smallest players in the prem.  Yet watching him on Saturday, he really gets stuck in and challenges for headers, he has no right to be winning.  Compare and contrast to Colback, who looks like a small child, playing up 3 years and about 5 leagues above his ability.  I lost count of the amount of times he got wrong side.  He gave away a load of cheap/stupid fouls, pulled his man back, tripped his man, bottled a load of headers and lost the ball every time he tried to get past his man.  He just gets eased out of it all the while and gets bullied all game.  No idea how he wasn't booked?! :lol:

Such a weak c***. 

Was a shame when he actually did well the week before.

I liked the part where he tried to take a player on for no reason, obviously lost the ball. Then just stood there holding him from behind for about half an hour because he was having a hard time fouling him quickly  :lol:

So, will this f***er be actually useful in the Championship? :lol:

(Hatered withstanding opinions are welcome.)

Well, Barton and Guthrie are decent in the Championship.  I don't think they have the physical attributes to be top central midfielders in the prem.  However, unlike Colback.  They have redeeming qualities.  I'm not sure what Colback actually does, bar press the opposition reasonably well and run around quite a lot?

So, will this fucker be actually useful in the Championship? :lol:

(Hatered withstanding opinions are welcome.)

We'll get promoted with or without him. Given that, I'd rather we sold him and bought someone more mobile as he's just a waste of space in reality.

Depends what you want from your Championship team really. If you want to grind out 1-0s every week to get yourself up (as Boro and Burnley have), he'll probably be useful. If you want to win by being the best team in the league and showing it, he'll be a hindrance. We were fairly dull and workmanlike generally in the Championship until Smith was jettisoned for a central midfielder with creativity, at which point we started scoring 4 and 5 every week.

Personally I'd much rather he fucked off. I'd advocate offering him back to his mates down the road for fuck all if I thought for a second they would want the useless cunt back.

Depends what you want from your Championship team really. If you want to grind out 1-0s every week to get yourself up (as Boro and Burnley have), he'll probably be useful. If you want to win by being the best team in the league and showing it, he'll be a hindrance. We were fairly dull and workmanlike generally in the Championship until Smith was jettisoned for a central midfielder with creativity, at which point we started scoring 4 and 5 every week.

Personally I'd much rather he fucked off. I'd advocate offering him back to his mates down the road for fuck all if I thought for a second they would want the useless cunt back.

More than that, I'd say it's about abandoning a short-term mentality. If he's an integral player in our promotion team, we'll likely be relegated the following season.

If he's going to be guaranteed his place in the heart of midfield, as the local English lad who stuck through relegation and promotion, there's no chance we'll be able to build a team which can strike the right balance between being defensively sound and posing a credible threat to the opposition once we're back in the big time. It'll be more aimless running, conceded free kicks and yellow cards going one way... and shit technique, passing and vision going the other way.

Personally I'd much rather he f***ed off. I'd advocate offering him back to his mates down the road for f*** all if I thought for a second they would want the useless c*** back.

Good post. 

Colback has actually looked ok in recent weeks.  Where we haven't had much possession and in games where we weren't expected to get much, or have much of the ball.  City and Liverpool for the former, Swansea for the latter. 

In a game we are expected/need to win.  He throws in a 2/10, looks slow and ponderous on the ball, misses a sitter and constantly makes the wrong decision. 

I hope he goes.  But he won't.  I think we'll keep about 5-6 starters and he'll be one of them.

Personally I'd much rather he f***ed off. I'd advocate offering him back to his mates down the road for f*** all if I thought for a second they would want the useless c*** back.

More than that, I'd say it's about abandoning a short-term mentality. If he's an integral player in our promotion team, we'll likely be relegated the following season.

If he's going to be guaranteed his place in the heart of midfield, as the local English lad who stuck through relegation and promotion, there's no chance we'll be able to build a team which can strike the right balance between being defensively sound and posing a credible threat to the opposition once we're back in the big time. It'll be more aimless running, conceded free kicks and yellow cards going one way... and s*** technique, passing and vision going the other way.

Spent basically his entire career, in one big relegation scrap.  What's the old adage?  The game is often won and lost in midfield? 

Guest firetotheworks

I absolutely loathe him as a footballer and want him gone as soon as possible. I don't think he'd be any good in the Championship either tbh.

I absolutely loathe him as a footballer and want him gone as soon as possible. I don't think he'd be any good in the Championship either tbh.

he'd be alright in an over 35's game where his total lack of athleticism won't be shown up, reckon he'll just get ran down in the championship as well myself