Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colback is not nearly as bad as some of you lot are making out.

Sorry, but he is. He's an awful football player and I'll be disappointed in Rafa if he opts for Colback to start the season in midfield.

Like most of them he was gash last season. If we're being honest, the OTT hatred stems from the fact that he's the anti-footballing hipster prototype. A local player whose strength lies in hard work rather than a bag of tricks or the odd Hollywood pass.

A genuine football man like Rafa will be able to get some use out of him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's definite truth to that like, people love to downplay British players that work hard and view work rate like it's not an actual skill.

Rafa will make decent use of of Colback in the Champ, one thing I don't doubt about Colback is that he has the basic ability to take on board and follow a manager's instructions.

Like most of them he was gash last season. If we're being honest, the OTT hatred stems from the fact that he's the anti-footballing hipster prototype. A local player whose strength lies in hard work rather than a bag of tricks or the odd Hollywood pass.

A genuine football man like Rafa will be able to get some use out of him.

Or it could be that he's too slow to be an effective defensive midfielder, although he will probably get away with it in the championship. You would be pretty naive if you thought he'd be anywhere near the first team if we had stayed up.

Hmmm ... what does he work hard at doing? It's all very well and good working hard, but not if it doesn't achieve any purpose. He works hard at running around the pitch, but he's hardly ever in place to achieve anything worthwhile. It's ridiculous.

There's definite truth to that like, people love to downplay British players that work hard and view work rate like it's not an actual skill.

Rafa will make decent use of of Colback in the Champ, one thing I don't doubt about Colback is that he has the basic ability to take on board and follow a manager's instructions.

No they don't though, it's absolute bollocks and it's not against British players or even local players. If Colback's definition of working hard was the same as Jonas' there wouldn't be any problems. Chasing the ball around like a dog after a bone is not a skill, it's piss poor pressing.

I'd compare him to Ryan Taylor in that he will try and follow the manager's instructions and game plan but ultimately he's shit. It's going back a bit, but we had another mackem player called Paul Bracewell who played in a similar position but he was really good at tackling and recycling the ball. This is really just a technical issue for me, nothing to do with the little cunt celebrating the derby win against us.

No they don't though, it's absolute bollocks and it's not against British players or even local players. If Colback's definition of working hard was the same as Jonas' there wouldn't be any problems. Chasing the ball around like a dog after a bone is not a skill, it's piss poor pressing.

They definitely do. Colback is a shit example but someone like Shane Long or Jack Cork would get a similar bad rap.

I get why as the PFM rhetoric is all about 'PASHUN', but you do need a balance.

They definitely do. Colback is a shit example but someone like Shane Long or Jack Cork would get a similar bad rap.

I get why as the PFM rhetoric is all about 'PASHUN', but you do need a balance.

:lol: Comparing Colback to Jack Cork.

The two of them were on different levels today.

Jack Cork does what our pair of knackers should be doing. Quiet, effective, unheralded. Surprised So'ton sold, even moreso given what they've done since. Good player.

:mung:

Is that the Bale heart he's got on his arm? :lol::lol:

Fair play to him going for the full Championship footballer look to fit right in after years of doing his best to get himself down there in the first instance.