Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the hatred of local players on here is staggering at times

For most it has nothing to do with where he comes from, its his extremely limited capabilities as a footballer and the fact he brings nothing to the team whatsoever.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, what you're talking about there is the hatred of shite local players who get given a pass for being shite with a lot of people precisely BECAUSE they're local.

He was arguably our worst player in the Premier League when we went down, and then continued to be one of our worst players in the Championship as we came up.

Couldn't give a shit about the Sunderland connection, he's simply not good enough and needs to go.  Any money for him would be a bonus.

Is it? Are you actually staggering around?

The local lads that spring to mind are adored and legends. Shearer, Beardsley, Waddle, Gazza, Ben Arfa.

The shite ones are called out for being shite, not for being local.

Easy myth to bust.

HBA, local hero.

The problem with Colback is his performance keep on getting worse and worse.  I still remember he played very well during his debut, making sensible runs and cover spaces and able to pass neatly and quickly to teammates.  That's what a CM should do.

But he has regressed to the point that he can do nothing positives on the pitch, and ultimately he only has himself to blame.

'He's a sound lad' :lol:

He's quite clearly a total prick.

Based on?

I've heard stories of him being a complete knob in training like, refusing to shake hands and move on when things have boiled over with Lascelles at one point. Then we've got the facts like when shushed St James' and posed for the 0-3 photo.

Added to all that he's a terrible footballer who should never have played for NUFC. It's not surprising why people don't like him and have wanted him gone since day one.

The problem with Colback is his performance keep on getting worse and worse.  I still remember he played very well during his debut, making sensible runs and cover spaces and able to pass neatly and quickly to teammates.  That's what a CM should do.

But he has regressed to the point that he can do nothing positives on the pitch, and ultimately he only has himself to blame.

Because players always do well on the pitch when they have got 50,000 haters watching them...

Guest firetotheworks

Because players always do well on the pitch when they have got 50,000 haters watching them...

:lol:

I take it you don't go to matches?

I think you're right. If we all became happy clappers and gave it the old "Unlucky Jack, next time" instead of showing a bit anger, we'd have a real footballer on our books. It's definitely the negative fans that are making Jack Colback play shit.

:lol:

I take it you don't go to matches?

And this as well :lol: SJP is an absolute morgue, there's no hatred towards any cunt anymore.

'He's a sound lad' :lol:

He's quite clearly a total prick.

Based on?

I've heard stories of him being a complete knob in training like, refusing to shake hands and move on when things have boiled over with Lascelles at one point. Then we've got the facts like when shushed St James' and posed for the 0-3 photo.

Added to all that he's a terrible footballer who should never have played for NUFC. It's not surprising why people don't like him and have wanted him gone since day one.

Never heard about any issues in training so can't comment. I've met him a number of times, he's friends with a few family members and he's always been canny, doesnt seem to have an ego. That said, I don't rate him as a player and as I said I think the Championship is his level, we'd be right to move him on.

The shush thing...it's just what's done really in derby matches. Dare say if we had a mackem and they scored, they'd do the same.

If you were in his position would you have done it?

Would like to think not. But can't be easy being a Geordie going through Sunderland academy and making the final step-up. He doesn't strike me as an in your face/fuck you type (imagine Carroll taking same route into the game) so he has probably had to try and prove his loyalty/blend in/compromise his true feelings.

Guest firetotheworks

If you were in his position would you have done it?

Would like to think not. But can't be easy being a Geordie going through Sunderland academy and making the final step-up. He doesn't strike me as an in your face/fuck you type (imagine Carroll taking same route into the game) so he has probably had to try and prove his loyalty/blend in/compromise his true feelings.

I'd agree if he'd been at any other team or if he didn't then go on as if he was Newcastle through and through. Imagine if Lee Clark had done it.

For most it has nothing to do with where he comes from, its his extremely limited capabilities as a footballer and the fact he brings nothing to the team whatsoever.

Exactly, just weird that Dummett and Colback are both shit.