Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He came as a free the irony in todays massive bloates market if he just disappears on a free so s*** seemed first name on the sheet for pardew glad he has fallen out of favour with rafa quite literally a waste of a squad place

In many respects I think he's cost us more than anything else by destroying the way we play, we certainly haven't got value for money from the free transfer :)

I hope that kicking out Colback means Benítez expects at least one more body in midfield.

If we over by that many player wise it may just be forcing the issue with the player of you cant go elsewhere you have to rot dont think its quite one in one out yet unless they young

I hope that kicking out Colback means Benítez expects at least one more body in midfield.

I think we are covered in Rafa's mind. Going by pre-season it looks like Diame is solely going to be used as a CM now. Shelvey and Hayden first choice backed up my Merino and Diame.

I refused to believe we'd sign him because he's shite, the whole 3-0 thing, and his history with relegation fodder teams, then others said it wasn't all that bad because he wasn't replacing Cabaye, then he replaced Cabaye. What feels like an eternity of him pandering to dafties with the illusion of graft later, he's finally going. Thank fuck for that. Nothing player.

:thup:

He should have been given so much abuse from our fans, whilst playing, in public etc. that he demanded to leave and go to any shithouse that would take him.

I don't care if that's of low standards, the chap is a horrible little mackem traitor who has never contributed shit to this club. As said above, that 0-3 shit should have been enough to be a permanent turn off for our fanbase but because he fouls needlessly the whole time that is apparently a redeeming feature!...

Hope he has a shit career wherever he goes next.

Whilst clearly it was a bit ill-advised and shit from him.  Not liking him doesn't have a lot to do with his shit BANTZ and mackem links.  It's to do with his shit ability and just being a complete non-entity of a player. 

Whilst clearly it was a bit ill-advised and s*** from him.  Not liking him doesn't have a lot to do with his s*** BANTZ and mackem links.  It's to do with his s*** ability and just being a complete non-entity of a player. 

This. The Sunderland thing didn't bother me, he was just pandering to his supporters. It's his general shitness I hate.

Have no time for abuse towards current players but he's one of those players who makes us into a team of 10 when he plays.

Yes he runs about, but it's senseless, aimed in no particular direction and totally out of step with the rest of the team. His passing is basic and totally cowardly.

Then there are his fouls, did someone actually tell him that it's his responsibility to use yellow cards as a lifeline? It's not a, "I've got one more foul to take," thing, he actually puts the team in jeapordy. He spends 80 minutes on a yellow card and the tugs someone's shirt on the edge of our own box. The camera pans to a red-faced Jack, with his head dropped over in shame and the commentator refers to him as "tireless" or "tenacious". The amount of time I've found myself shouting at the tv over this waster.

Everyone else in the squad has a use of sorts. Not him. Thanks for that goal at Anfield, which didnt keep us up anyway... good riddance.

He's a sound lad, but he has limited ability and the Championship is his level.

Can't deal with his needless fouls all the time. Pushes people in the back in dangerous areas and it's cost us a few times. Blackburn away and Leeds at home to name two that immediately spring to mind.

He had a good first season, scored a few goals, got an England call up (!!!) but since then it's been a massive downward spiral from there.

Have no time for abuse towards current players but he's one of those players who makes us into a team of 10 when he plays.

Yes he runs about, but it's senseless, aimed in no particular direction and totally out of step with the rest of the team. His passing is basic and totally cowardly.

Then there are his fouls, did someone actually tell him that it's his responsibility to use yellow cards as a lifeline? It's not a, "I've got one more foul to take," thing, he actually puts the team in jeapordy. He spends 80 minutes on a yellow card and the tugs someone's shirt on the edge of our own box. The camera pans to a red-faced Jack, with his head dropped over in shame and the commentator refers to him as "tireless" or "tenacious". The amount of time I've found myself shouting at the tv over this waster.

Everyone else in the squad has a use of sorts. Not him. Thanks for that goal at Anfield, which didnt keep us up anyway... good riddance.

Summed up perfectly. If we manage to get rid I can see him playing in League 1 within a couple of years. He didn't exactly look comfortable in the Championship last year.

I reckon he'll still be here in September. Too much of an easy life to leave.

Strikes me as the sort of player who'd want to 'prove himself' in all honesty. Wait for his opportunity.

Which will come in the Checkatrade Trophy this year.