Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the hatred of local players on here is staggering at times

Nah, what you're talking about there is the hatred of shite local players who get given a pass for being shite with a lot of people precisely BECAUSE they're local.

This is where he hammer meets the nail's head.

Giving local players a free pass for too long says a lot about where we are as a club. No coincidence that we finally let go of players like Taylor and Shola and they can barely even function a much lower levels.

Guest firetotheworks

Generally if I think a player has given his all and not fucked us over to get a move I find it hard to muster rage. There's definitely an element of him being a local lad that seems to particularly resonate with the armchair fan.

You're definitely wrong. It's the same sort of shite that people came out with about us hating Pardew because he's from the south. They're predominantly hated/disliked because they're shit, it's really as simple as that.

It's more frustration than rage IMO, at least from my point of view anyway. I don't feel rage towards him, i feel frustrated that he's at the club when he's quite clearly not good enough, consistently plays like shit and overall is just frustrating to watch him play and realise he shouldn't be.

Utterly fantastic that Rafa is moving him on.

The idea he's hated because he's local is utterly ridiculous :lol:

He's hated because he's really, really bad. I hated Amdy Faye and Alan Smith with a passion too, because they were shit.

away from heer he seems to get huge amounts of leeway because hes local.

Is it? <b>Are you actually staggering around?</b>

The local lads that spring to mind are adored and legends. Shearer, Beardsley, Waddle, Gazza, Ben Arfa, etc.

The s**** ones are called out for being s****, not for being local.

Easy myth to bust.

Picturing someone reeling around like an extra from the Walking Dead at the unfairness of it all  :lol:

Is it? Are you actually staggering around?

The local lads that spring to mind are adored and legends. Shearer, Beardsley, Waddle, Gazza, Ben Arfa, etc.

The shite ones are called out for being shite, not for being local.

Easy myth to bust.

:lol:

He's hated because he's really, really bad. I hated Amdy Faye and Alan Smith with a passion too, because they were shit.

away from heer he seems to get huge amounts of leeway because hes local.

I think that's what pisses me off more. I know a lot of people still resent his mackem antics but that was never it for me.

Easy myth to bust.

:lol: I didn't even notice that at first, class.

Generally if I think a player has given his all and not fucked us over to get a move I find it hard to muster rage. There's definitely an element of him being a local lad that seems to particularly resonate with the armchair fan.

Given his all :lol:

Easy myth to bust.

:lol: I didn't even notice that at first, class.

:clap:

Hated because he's local is utterly ridiculous, but hated because 'he's really, really bad' is also utterly ridiculous.

He's played his part, and have no real hate for him. It has been balls that managers choose to play him, but arguably only because it's been shit, and frustrating that we have had nobody better player to take his place.

Wish him all the best if he does get fucked off, though no arguments if we can (and almost certainly will) do better. Nevertheless, it'sa shame when a local lad doesn't make it with us.

I'm just happy one of our worst players isn't going to be playing anymore. I wouldn't say I hate him, I hate his Footballing ability sure, but not him personally, even if his face looks like an STD ridden scrotum.

No hate here, it's not really his fault that the managers we've had, including Rafa, have continued to select him. He's been clearly not good enough, which was apparent a couple of months into his Newcastle career, he actually started off ok, but it went downhill from about the time he made that England squad.

Hopefully we have a buyer lined up for him and he can continue his career someplace else.