Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anita & Tiote is a proven terrible partnership. But here we are.

So is Colback and Tiote though, so meh.

Colback and Tiote is better than Anita and Tiote. I'd rather play Wijnaldum central than play Anita with Tiote

Have to agree to disagree, the world has its Colback fans and its Anita fans.

The best scenario us when playing Stoke, Bournemouth or anyone else at this end of the league we only need to go for one DM, whether that be Anita OR Tiote is the only choice here. Although I'm adverse to splitting up that front 4 it might be worth considering moving Wijnaldum back and dropping De Jong or Thauvin in his place further up field.

So is Tiote and Anita though, so meh.

Tiote and Anita is better than Anita and Tiote. I'd rather play Wijnaldum central than play Anita with Tiote

FYP - this is what arguing about the CMs now looks like to me. :lol:

Would like SDJ to be given a go but not sure where he fits in. Can he play CM?

He's not mobile enough. You can only really play SDJ in one role and if we do that Wignaldum would need to drop back and we'd be sacrificing his forward threat. We could try a diamond with Tiote at the base, Wignaldum and Sissoko at the sides and SDJ at the top but I think we'd play too narrow and be easily got at. I can't see SDJ getting a starting place any time soon.

Guest palnese

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC  2m2 minutes ago

INJURY NEWS: Jack Colback ruled out for up to six weeks with a knee injury

Hehe

Guest reefatoon

So is Colback and Tiote though, so meh.

Colback and Tiote is better than Anita and Tiote. I'd rather play Wijnaldum central than play Anita with Tiote

Have to agree to disagree, the world has its Colback fans and its Anita fans.

There is also the sensible folk like myself who say they are both w*** and as s*** as each other.

Guest neesy111

This guys performance on sunday was even worse looking back on it, he had literally all the time in the world on the ball and did very little with it.

This guys performance on sunday was even worse looking back on it, he had literally all the time in the world on the ball and did very little with it.

Exactly. It's one less body McClaren can call upon but he offers so little when he appears the effect is negligible. Can pretty much guarantee his replacement won't be worse.