Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thought a proper manager was going to hoy him straight out the line-up?

It's tragic but we're stronger with him in the team.

And put in who? Colback's needed to come in as we signed a Ligue 1 winger and Jonjo Shelvey instead of the comanding central player we've needed since Cabaye left. A proper manager wouldn't have sat by and let that happen.

Well exactly. There were plenty who seemed to view the Rafa appointment as the end of Colback though.

Guest Montezuma0

And put in who? Colback's needed to come in as we signed a Ligue 1 winger and Jonjo Shelvey instead of the comanding central player we've needed since Cabaye left. A proper manager wouldn't have sat by and let that happen.

Townsend will rip up the Championship if we drop, and Shelvey is better than what we had, no?

Guest firetotheworks

Well exactly. There were plenty who seemed to view the Rafa appointment as the end of Colback though.

If there's a long term beyond this season then I can't see it being any other way.

It will be if we stay up. I'm pretty sure if we are in the premier Rafa will be looking to buy premier grade midfielders.

If there's a long term beyond this season then I can't see it being any other way.

Let's hope so. Will require Premier League football like.

I don't think he played well. He was passable. Less offensive than normal. Still made some mistakes that could have very well led to goals if Swansea could be arsed today. He played the ball to Mitro though for the 3rd.

His attempt at placing that ball on the cisse flick was akin to that absolute fanny shot he took last season. Oh when he scored against us he was in a similar position and smacked it, thick kernt.

Guest neesy111

What game was it this season when he was through on goal with his right foot at home and completely bottled it trying to win a penalty? Was it Man Utd?

Yeap.

What game was it this season when he was through on goal with his right foot at home and completely bottled it trying to win a penalty? Was it Man Utd?

Yeap.

Woops.... joeyt is right. That's what I was referring to. :thup: felt so long ago.

He does have the odd good game, he did for us, but I'll be surprised if he keeps putting in performances like that. It never happened at our place.

Honestly having a good game for us at the minute isn't the biggest tribute :lol:

He's just far better when the opposition have the ball than Jonjo Shelvey.

Whisper it.........Had a very solid game today.

Not sure why you would have to whisper it? Anybody who has a decent game deserves recognition for it and I'm sure the majority would give it if they felt so.

Also worth mentioning that Colback is at his best when we are fairly compact and sitting quite deep, that way his lack of pace doesn't get exposed. i'm pretty sure I've said it plenty of times before on this thread. He's limited but for the role he was asked to do yesterday, he can do a job. I think he needed Tiote alongside him though, it all went to shit once Shelvey came on until we grabbed a second.

Whisper it.........Had a very solid game today.

Not sure why you would have to whisper it? Anybody who has a decent game deserves recognition for it and I'm sure the majority would give it if they felt so.

Whisper it because he'll be shite again next game.

Shelvey, Colback, Townsend. All three fringe England squad players. Mental :lol:

If there weren't so many good attacking midfielders, Townsend would be a shoe-in for a squad position.