Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There was a great bit in the second half when a Wolves player ran with the ball, he backed off, stood there and let him run at him, then dived in and missed both ball and player as the Wolves lad dribbled past.

He's a coward and a talentless waste of space. Hope Rafa bins the cunt the day after we go up.

He does my tits in like. He grafts which I like but his overall decision making and ability is s***. It's his lack of thought that pisses me off most.

So constantly chasing shadows and committing niggly fouls in dangerous positions has become the 'new' grafting in some (or many) supporters' eyes.

The Age of Ashley, which has methodically dampened expectations, in full bloom here.

He does my tits in like. He grafts which I like but his overall decision making and ability is s***. It's his lack of thought that pisses me off most.

So constantly chasing shadows and committing niggly fouls in dangerous positions has become the 'new' grafting in some (or many) supporters' eyes.

The Age of Ashley, which has methodically dampened expectations, in full bloom here.

He grafts. He's just shite and thick as mince

What did it used to mean like, standing still?

He grafts. He's just shite and thick as mince

And too slow for the effort to have any impact.

Fellas like Speed (converted to a DM role under Robson), Batty, Hamman, Lee and Parker's respective workrates from a defensive standpoint were backed-up by physical attributes and more importantly positional awareness. I'd call it effective grafting, defensively - and that level of play is deserving of the term.

Congrats goes out to Colback (Ashley's Bargain Basement Gooooordeee) for lulling folks into thinking that his contribution has any merit, when they praise his 'grafting' style of play. Colback has pulled off the ultimate fraud job.

The only thing I like about colback is that he does time runs into the box well. He should have tested the keeper or scored yesterday but he does ghost into the box better than any of our other central midfielders. I don't classify Diame as a centre mid btw as he doesnt really play there for us.

Once every 10 games and normally f***s it up.

Rabbit in headlights always comes to mind whenever colback is in the opposition box.

Not forgetting the time he took a dive when clean through on goal at the Gallowgate end last year as he didn't want to shoot on his right foot. (Thinking possibly one of the Manchester clubs).

Fellas like Speed (converted to a DM role under Robson), Batty, Hamman, Lee and Parker's respective workrates from a defensive standpoint were backed-up by physical attributes and more importantly positional awareness. I'd call it effective grafting, defensively - and that level of play is deserving of the term.

Congrats goes out to Colback (Ashley's Bargain Basement Gooooordeee) for lulling folks into thinking that his contribution has any merit, when they praise his 'grafting' style of play. Colback has pulled off the ultimate fraud job.

So basically you're saying he grafts but not effectively because he has no positional sense and ability. Which is basically what I said and you were disagreeing with?

So basically you're saying he grafts but not effectively because he has no positional sense and ability. Which is basically what I said and you were disagreeing with?

I'm not the one who chucked a 'liking the graft' (component of Colback's game) caveat in my post in the first place, before saying his shortcomings devalue his contribution. I don't think he demonstrates the character/courage which is befitting of that label either.

In my opinion he's either effective, at being that workmanlike defensive grafter, or simply a footballer who flatters to deceive by running around alot - there's no room for the caveat mentioned. 

I'm not the one who chucked a 'liking the graft' (component of Colback's game) caveat in my post in the first place, before saying his shortcomings devalue his contribution. I don't think he demonstrates the character/courage which is befitting of that label either.

In my opinion he's either effective, at being that workmanlike defensive grafter, or simply a footballer who flatters to deceive by running around alot - there's no room for the caveat mentioned.

You can work hard and not demonstrate character and courage though...???

Don't see why you're really creating a debate when we ultimately have a very similar view of him... :lol:

He works hard but shows no character or courage and has clear physical flaws as well as technically and mentally.

He can still work hard though... :lol: just not effectively.

He's a nothing player.

As protection for the back 4 playing as a DM, he's positionally awful, he makes thick as mince tackles in dangerous areas and offers the back four no shield/protection of any kind, an utter liability there.

In CM he can't pass a ball 5 yards, he has no pace of any kind and can't tackle at all expect for the previously mentioned thick as mince giveaway fouls.

As CM who gets into the AM positions...... Pahahahahahahaaha............bahahahahahahahahahaa. Nope.

He's a nothing player.

I defended Colback a little bit at times last season, but totally agree he has been poor this season.

He needs to go in Summer. I don't hate the lad, just he's not good enough for us. I thought he would be better than he's been in Championship.