Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

@GFN_France: BREAKING: According to @beinsports_FR, Hatem Ben Arfa is set to sign for a Qatar club, along with Xavi. #NUFC #EDF

If that's true you've got to question his ambition.

His reputation is probably completely f***ed atm. 27, probably won't be at the next WC, why not get paid.

Exactly, he's 27, could still have the best years ahead of him. I find it hard to believe that no club in Europe's top leagues would want him.

Between not playing for France, and not playing for us, it's not unlikely that most other teams have simply forgotten about him?

Nah. Xavi is exactly the type of player who should move to Qatar, he's 33-34, career on the wane. Not HBA ffs.

Are these not just the rehashed rumours from the other day though?

I hope so, for him more than us. We've blown our chance but this would be him blowing any kind of career if not.

Keeps falling out with the people that matter at clubs that are supposed to mean a lot to him. He's not blameless in all this, far from it.

No top clubs want him and its nothing to do with wages which would be nowt to any CL club and its nowt to do with his ability while being in his last year his fee is also low. Its his attitude. Until this year HBA himself was very much pro pardew in the way he was being handled. Pardew tried the tough love approach one too many times and he reacted badly to it, spat his dummy and piggybacked on the unrest with the fans for an easy ride out of town.

I don't really blame him, simply down to it being Pardew he's had to deal with, but I also see what's gone on with him and as much as i'd like to think he's some kind of martyr, standing up for his beliefs it really doesn't wash with me. 

agree.

If no top team is in for him, what can he do? End his career by staying here under this shithead? I just cant believe no one else is after him.

I'll be absolutely crushed when this happens. Can we never change the thread title, please?

Guest bimpy474

Xaxi, Ben Arfa and Laudrup in Qatar. Ashley thinks it's a good idea to keep Pardew :lol:

The world is fucking mental.

If no top team is in for him, what can he do? End his career by staying here under this shithead? I just cant believe no one else is after him.

I'll be absolutely crushed when this happens. Can we never change the thread title, please?

I have no doubt in my mind that a team in a competitive European league would have him, wages would probably be the only stumbling block. While he's been treated in an absolutely terrible fashion over the last year, moving to Qatar would speak real volumes of him and how he approaches his career, IMO.

Just stinks of a money-driven move, if it comes off  :undecided:

I have no doubt in my mind that a team in a competitive European league would have him, wages would probably be the only stumbling block. While he's been treated in an absolutely terrible fashion over the last year, moving to Qatar would speak real volumes of him and how he approaches his career, IMO.

It could also "stink" of a footballer wanting to play games if it does come off and is the only acceptable offer.

It could also "stink" of a footballer wanting to play games if it does come off and is the only acceptable offer.

Do you believe he couldn't find a club in a top European league willing to play him?

If you do and yet still the only 'acceptable offer' is in Qatar, then it is all about the money tbh.

That said, I'd be staggered if the story isn't bunkum. Qatar ffs. :lol:

Could also be down to the fee we're asking for.

Yeah but that doesn't fit with the narrative that Ben Arfa is a fat lazy/money grabbing bell end so can't be true

People love to slag the most talented players, look at Rooney atm put one on a plate this weekend and people still want to drop him

Guest firetotheworks

HBA playing over there may as well be him retiring from football. There's no other way to look at it imo. It was be a ridiculous waste of talent again.