Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

In my head I'd somehow convinced myself following the recent statements from his agent that he'd be staying. Pardew would be sacked and then he'd make this hero like return to the first team under a manager that had half a clue on dealing with attacking players. I'll never forgive Pardew for marginalising arguably the best player I've ever seen play for us.

As much as I despise Pardew and feel sh*t with direction this club continues to take, surely more people need to acknowledge the failings of Ben Arfa. He's had fitness and attitude issues at every club he's been at, has he not?

Well he wouldn't have been here in the first place if he wasn't hard work. We exploited that to even get him on loan, then exploited his broken leg to save some money. He's worth it though, as a footballer. He was doing perfectly fine here until he got dropped for not tracking back. I think people have too easily forgotten that he started off on fire last season, it's not like he's been a problem for absolutely ages.