Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

The reason he does too much is because he tries to do something whereas most of the others are afraid to make a mistake so play it safe.

Sadly that being afraid to make mistakes comes direct from the manager

Tell you what, there'll be none of this shit-stirring interview nonsense from Robert Snodgrass. And he tracks back.  :(

Reading that interview and the Keegan thread over the last few days has depressed me more than I would've though possible.

Tell you what, there'll be none of this shit-stirring interview nonsense from Robert Snodgrass. And he tracks back.  :(

Reading that interview and the Keegan thread over the last few days has depressed me more than I would've though possible.

Indeed.

This guy really does deserve a chance. He clearly cares, unlike most of them. He should not be made the victim of our managers utterly negative approach and inability to build a style of play he would flourish in.  We have no creativity what so ever.

Worst thing is Pardew is too thick and arrogant to see that if he gets HBA playing well, the fans are happy and by definition, we are then playing a style of play that would keen the fans happy and involved, even if we did loose.

Always remember when Cabaye was sold and practically the next day AP starting talking about changing the style. HBA says it himself in the interview, we went from trying to play football to playing shite long balls. Absolute coward Pardew is.

Some Keegan-esque quotes. Brilliant stuff.

According to John Anderson, Keegan wouldnt have got the best out of HBA because HBA doesnt have the fire in his belly. f*** off man.

:anguish: so lazy man. He has more fire that any of the gormless knackers on the pitch. Even if he didn't - Gosling runs about a lot and shows a bit of heart but it doesn't remotely make him a good player.

Leaves you sick to the pit of your stomach when you hear how Ben-Arfa feels (about the club and the type of footy), add to that the reminiscing about Keegen and the "ideals/philosophy" associated and it's enough to really make you GO TO THE MATCH AND SCREAM THAT USELESS BAG OF SHIIT INTO THE GROUND! (aaah, that's better!)

Always remember when Cabaye was sold and practically the next day AP starting talking about changing the style. HBA says it himself in the interview, we went from trying to play football to playing shite long balls. Absolute coward Pardew is.

Absolutely - just imagine what sort of message that sent to the rest of the players: "Look lads, we've had some decent performances and good results so far this season, but that was all thanks to Yohan - the rest of you are shite, so we're going to be hoofing it long from now on"

It's no wonder such a negative mindset has infected the whole team.

There is no doubt in my mind that Hatem has been touched by the soul of the club. Which is unusual enough these days, and actually pretty remarkable in the situation in which he finds himself. He desperately wants to play for the fans, and the fans only. Like us, he has seen through the hollowness of the regime, and the desperate level of coaching and pathetic self-serving agendas of the current management. The fact that someone who not only loves the club but is it's most talented player has been smeared at every turn this season and is now being actively driven out, perfectly sums up the nature of this manager.

Guest firetotheworks

Mixed emotions reading that. Very similar to the Keegan interview.

I absolutely adore Ben Arfa though. Always will.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think there's anything that I hate more in fandom than people that hate flair players. It's always the same stereotype; show pony, lazy, doesn't track back etc etc.

Absolutely hate all of them and, ironically, those people tend to fit a stereotype as well. One or more of old, fat, thick as fuck.

The thing is, 'shit flair players' who are lazy and don't create enough do exist; it's just a tag lazily slapped upon far too many genuinely talented players.

Guest Walter

I don't think there's anything that I hate more in fandom than people that hate flair players. It's always the same stereotype; show pony, lazy, doesn't track back etc etc.

Absolutely hate all of them and, ironically, those people tend to fit a stereotype as well. One or more of old, fat, thick as fuck.

I thought this exact same thing the other day, it's usually all 3.

It's unbelievable that a player with the ability of Hatem has been wasted to the point of where we are at now, criminal. The only person to blame for that is Pardew. What a waste.