Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Now's as good a time as any to mention Football Mavericks, which is a great watch and on YouTube iirc.

Hardly any nowadays (mavericks).  The current state of football has stifled players with flair etc, far too tactical now.

On the subject of mavericks, I read earlier that Cassano called a press conference today to announced his retirement 8 days after joining Verona and then just changed his mind and is continuing on [emoji38]

Classic.  :aww:

He's done it again!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/24/antonio-cassano-leaves-verona-play-on

Now's as good a time as any to mention Football Mavericks, which is a great watch and on YouTube iirc.

Hardly any nowadays (mavericks).  The current state of football has stifled players with flair etc, far too tactical now.

On the subject of mavericks, I read earlier that Cassano called a press conference today to announced his retirement 8 days after joining Verona and then just changed his mind and is continuing on [emoji38]

Classic.  :aww:

He's done it again!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/24/antonio-cassano-leaves-verona-play-on

Took his sign on bonus with him?

Guest firetotheworks

That's an absolute joy to watch like. Fucking hell man, his talent deserved so much more from some of the managers he's had and admittedly himself.

Said it before like but Pardew's biggest crime was robbing us of more memories like that; without hyperbole he was the most entertaining footballer in the league sat rotting on the bench.

Really feel for the Pardophiles who are too emotionally torn to enjoy the few memories we have x

"Hatem Ben Arfa all skills for NUFC 2010-2014"

On Youtube. Terrible music, but 13 minutes of sheer joy.

I think a few of those clips are from Everton away when Pardew hooked him at half time cos it was apparently his fault we were 3-0 down.  He hadn't been great but i remember reading the the time that he was the only player on the pitch with 100% pass success.  Absolute genius that Pardew fella!  :rant:

IIRC he ran the ball out of play a couple times that game trying to make things happen, it was deffinitely an off day (if i'm not mistaking it for another game) but taking him off was ridiculous. Taking him off for any reason other than tiredness - or worse not starting him at all - was always ridiculous.

"Hatem Ben Arfa all skills for NUFC 2010-2014"

On Youtube. Terrible music, but 13 minutes of sheer joy.

I don't think I'll ever understand the physics of that goal at Craven Cottage.