Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Jesus lads calm down!

Wasn't looking for bites nor am I a troll....

Mate if that's your opinion then fine, but everyone is at the stage now where we genuinely hate Pardew and everything he stands for.

Myself included, Ben Arfa represents what we want to see. I.E entertainment while Pardew represents the exact opposite.

Not exactly surprising people are likely to snap at you :lol: If that's your opinion then fair enough I'm not gonna argue it as I'm quite frankly fed up with doing so.

Guest palnese

Both sides are to blame, but Pardew is the Manager and he's supposed to manage his players and deal with personalities of all types.  It's usually shite managers that can't deal with personalties in the dressing room.

Like SAF?

I don't understand why people even watch football if they don't want him in the team, it's like saying you don't want to be entertained. What goes on through the week shouldn't matter at all to us because it's the managers sole job to get the absolute best out of his squad in those 90 mins and do whatever he can to win the game, as the match at the weekend is the only thing that really matters both to us fans, and in football itself.

Then jumped up window cleaners like pardle come along and complicate things.

Cheers some rational thinking DZ

Pardew's ego clearly plays a part here but as Manager he has to form a TEAM. If someone is too disruptive to the detriment of the team then something has to change.

Take Alex Ferguson, or Mourinho - would they tolerate a bad egg? Would they fuck.

And to be clear, I want Pardew out as much as the next man

Jesus lads calm down!

Wasn't looking for bites nor am I a troll....

Ah just an idiot then

The irony.

Anyway fwiw I think Ally has a point. In this situation, HBA has been treated ridiculously by Pardew. It's not hard to see why their relationship has deteriorated and Pardew has cut off his nose in spite of his face to save his ego. However, I firmly reckon that Ben Arfa would have played some part, would this have happened under a different manager? Judging by HBA's track record and reports about his attitude, probably.

It wouldn't have happened under a good manager because a good manager wouldn't make him a scapegoat for problems which weren't his fault and not start him after one bad game

Pardew's ego clearly plays a part here but as Manager he has to form a TEAM. If someone is too disruptive to the detriment of the team then something has to change.

Take Alex Ferguson, or Mourinho - would they tolerate a bad egg? Would they fuck.

Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man Utd, etc. don't need to tolerate bad eggs - they'll simply spend massive amounts of money to replace them. We don't have that luxury.

Guest neesy111

We looked a good team when he wasnt playing last January to May. 

Take Alex Ferguson, or Mourinho - would they tolerate a bad egg? Would they f***.

We had one of our worst run of forms in our premiership history last year and the manager wouldn't play hba. How well was the 'team' formed then? Was the team not damaged because of the managers refusal to play him? As for bad egg, I saw remy and cabaye both support hba last year, not to mention hba stuck in the middle of a group photo with all the French lads. Bad egg my arse, you've swallowed the clubs spin.

Players and managers fall out all the time, and some players are more difficult than others. I'm sure that the current crisis, which dates from the end of last season, isn't the first time that Pardew and Ben Arfa have clashed.

What seemed to happen last season though was Ben Arfa decided to use the media and his popularity among many supporters to put pressure on Pardew. Ben Arfa is always going to win a PR battle, but once you cross that line there's really no way back. This public rally of his supporters, if it comes off, is just the latest and fiercest shot in that battle.

Obviously if you're of the opinion that anything that's bad for Pardew is good for the club then you'll be happy. But I just see this as another example of the kind of behaviour that has ruined his career at every club. When the crunch comes, he drifts into a selfish ego-trip and doesn't think about his team-mates, his manager, his club or frankly anyone else. If you think he really cares about the supporters, think again.

really wish someone would just fucking buy him to end all this shit. He's never playing for the club again

Get to see your man Pards victorious in ridding the club of its best player then :thup:

its just gone beyond tedious. Face facts he's not going to play again for the club and I don't think this will change regardless of who's manager. And if he is really serious about getting back in the team actively pissing off the club hierarchy with this and the previous going behind the clubs back to the press is not the way to go about it.

Its speculations of course, but the only disrupting thing he have done team wise seems to be pissing on Pardew`s ego.

Seems to get along quite well with the other players.

:thup: From all known evidence Pardew is the one with the massive ego, not HBA

really wish someone would just fucking buy him to end all this shit. He's never playing for the club again

Get to see your man Pards victorious in ridding the club of its best player then :thup:

its just gone beyond tedious. Face facts he's not going to play again for the club and I don't think this will change regardless of who's manager. And if he is really serious about getting back in the team actively pissing off the club hierarchy with this and the previous going behind the clubs back to the press is not the way to go about it.

Some of us fight the system, some of us meekly fall in line. Perhaps Hatem has a backbone.

He would definitely be back in the team under a different manager ffs

Guest palnese

Its speculations of course, but the only disrupting thing he have done team wise seems to be pissing on Pardew`s ego.

Seems to get along quite well with the other players.

:thup: From all known evidence Pardew is the one with the massive ego, not HBA

Think they both have massive egos, but unfortunately Pardew's the one in charge.

Players and managers fall out all the time, and some players are more difficult than others. I'm sure that the current crisis, which dates from the end of last season, isn't the first time that Pardew and Ben Arfa have clashed.

What seemed to happen last season though was Ben Arfa decided to use the media and his popularity among many supporters to put pressure on Pardew. Ben Arfa is always going to win a PR battle, but once you cross that line there's really no way back. This public rally of his supporters, if it comes off, is just the latest and fiercest shot in that battle.

Obviously if you're of the opinion that anything that's bad for Pardew is good for the club then you'll be happy. But I just see this as another example of the kind of behaviour that has ruined his career at every club. When the crunch comes, he drifts into a selfish ego-trip and doesn't think about his team-mates, his manager, his club or frankly anyone else. If you think he really cares about the supporters, think again.

So he should just shut up and get shafted by Pardew?

If my boss was a grade a cunt, and he treated me like a shit i would do what i could to get rid of him, or at least get people to see the issue.

Pardew would have better cards on his hand if he had some results or progress to show for. But he has not, and he have showed time and time again he can not get the best out of his players.

So its fair to ask, is NUFC a better team with HBA in the lineup, doing what he does best, creating and attacking the opposition, or have the team become stronger as a team after Pardew froze him out?

The same was said when we sold Bellamy for less than we bought him for because Graeme Souness claimed he was disruptive. Do you think that worked out for the benefit of NUFC?

I don't understand why people even watch football if they don't want him in the team, it's like saying you don't want to be entertained. What goes on through the week shouldn't matter at all to us because it's the managers sole job to get the absolute best out of his squad in those 90 mins and do whatever he can to win the game, as the match at the weekend is the only thing that really matters both to us fans, and in football itself.

:thup:

I honestly don't get how match goers don't want him on the pitch at every opportunity. He's the only player that creates a bit of excitement in the ground when he picks up the ball as you know his first thought is to run at the defence at pace and try to create an opportunity.

Baffles me how people would rather see someone like Gouffran (who I don't mind) or Gosling last season (FFS) on the pitch ahead of this lad. Him and Cabella would be the first two names I'd want to see on our team sheet at the moment.

Tbh, I think much of the defending of HBA is to do with his figure as someone who is clearly against Pardew as we are. He's become a symbol against Pardew and the club. Hence his name being sang at matches and the Che Ben Arfa banner. He's a cause celebre amongst the support.

Which I guess explains why he's practically immune to criticism on here. Folk twisting every story that comes out so that Ben Arfa is the hero, the man with morals, the one with the guts to stand up to Pardew because it fits the rationale that Pardew is a fucking moron. I suspect though that Ben Arfa played more of a part in his downfall than some like to admit, not on the pitch, but off it, especially if his track record/tittle tattle 'gossip' is to be considered.