Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

RIP HBA

At this point I don't believe the manager will ever go before HBA finds himself elsewhere. Hopefully he lands somewhere that suits him. Then we can fill the other games thread with bitter tears.

An endless line of http://i62.tinypic.com/10yfgd4.gif posts as he wins Aston Villa the league.

moar

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10799779/Hatem-Ben-Arfa-pleads-for-a-chance-to-help-his-beloved-Newcastle.html

Asked whether he feels he has been made a scapegoat for the team’s problems since Christmas, there is a lengthy pause before he replies: "I can't be the only reason for the problem.

“I can only do so much and I am not on the pitch. Maybe if I I'm on the pitch and we lose five nil I get blamed and that is normal. I take a lot of responsibility.

“Every player needs confidence. Every player in the world needs confidence to show their best. It is hard to come in [from the bench] during games and it is very hard for the player if you are substituted at half time, like I was against Southampton. It hurt me so bad. I had tried, it was very hard.”

Ben Arfa is quick to add that he “respects” the manager’s decision and denied he has fallen out with Pardew, adding that he has “been good for Newcastle.” They still speak at the training ground, although he admitted they had argued in the dressing room earlier this month.

“There is not a problem, just after the game against Manchester United,” he explained. “We had an exchange of words, but that is it. That happens in every team where the players and the manager want to win.

At 27, Ben Arfa should be in his prime. He should be going to the World Cup with France, but he cannot even get on the bench for his club. He has spent the last two weeks “training with the reserves.”

The former Marseille and Lyon star is a wonderful footballer, but there have been question marks surrounding his conditioning. There have also been whispers he no longer has many friends in the dressing room because of his attitude. That is also put to him.

“If the manager doesn’t pick, he doesn’t pick me. I don’t know about any problems with teammates. I have a lot of good friends at the club. All I know is that I want to train and I want to play and that’s it.”

Ben Arfa, a player once described as Pardew as his match winner, has started just 13 league games this season, a stat made all the more bewildering given he would appear to have been the perfect replacement in the “number 10” role after Yohan Cabaye was sold to Paris Saint Germain.

“I would play as the number 10 or on the right if the manager wanted me,” Ben Arfa added. “The most important thing for me is, I have a responsibility to the team, but I also need confidence to build my best game and I don’t have that.

"It would be better if I had five games to show what I can do.”

Genuinely don't know why the cunt is still in a job. Any other club would have peddled him months ago, he's simply a dreadful manager. Dreadful at both getting results and handling his squad.

Why is he even still here? Wish the cunt was fucking toast. 

I feel like any other team on Earth would have fired him a year ago.

There is something so depressingly eternal about this regime.  Like Groundhog Day or something.

A club like us should thrive on flair players as we have in the past . But no he is scapegoated because he can't trained out of his flair . Yes he has his flaws , when he doesn't see the pass and tries to go all the way . With the excitement and flair he provides , yes frustration comes along with this but I would much rather this than sitting back and trying to contain and counter just doesn't work with us. It's so sad man :anguish:

Pardew will be squirming like the worm infested arsehole he is after reading this mind. HBA knows he's off (IMO) unless Pardew leaves and it's a cryptic warning shot right across his bow heaping more pressure on him.

Massively need to show support for Ben Arfa man.

All this BS about him being difficult & he's clearly articulated thoughts about how he's being mismanaged that have been claimed on here for ages.

Pardew has misjudged it badly, his ego has made him treat HBA the way he had and it's backfired badly. It's fucking great that Hatem is speaking up. Compare this with the fucking drivel that gosling was trotting out about cup finals with Cardiff.

He's fucked up really, if he wanted to make HBA look bad, he could have hoyed him into any of the last few games from the start, when we've never had the fucking ball and idiots would have fallen for the hate campaign. Instead we get our arse kicked every week and Ben Arfa sits it out. Who looks the cunt then, Alan?

Can't see this doing Ben Arfa any favours.

Pardew won't like to be seen as backing down due to his "I'm the king" ego.

You would think he'd play Ben Arfa in an attempt to at least get the fans back after the last few weeks.

But no,it's Pardews way or nothing.

Cardiff would be the perfect time to bring Ben Arfa back in the side,a struggling,under pressure team who would have nightmares trying (and failing) to contain him.

Guest neesy111

I've got to say, Pardew is looking a bigger idiot as he can't play the blame HBA card and then has to use even more bare lies.

Guest bimpy474

Is he available Saturday? If so I can see him starting as last throw of the dice for pardew

I've got to the point where i think Pardew is too thick to realise that's his best chance of getting a win.

Is he available Saturday? If so I can see him starting as last throw of the dice for pardew

He'll get thrown off the bench after 59 minutes in a desperate attempt to keep people in the ground.