Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Rafa plays Gouffran over Atsu because of his defensive discipline. That's how much chance there is in him signing a player like HBA.

He also plays Perez over Diame

...But, he doesn't?

Rightly or wrongly, he'll always be one of my favourite Newcastle players like. It's only every now and again that you feel like that watching a player, and for me it's Beardsley, Ginola, Robert, Ben Arfa.

Totally agree.some folk forget what football is about, these guys got me of my arse, fabulous on there day and a luxury i can forgive.

No matter how much I long for his return and despite Diame's words, there's not a chance he would return here IMO and I don't think Rafa would wan't him either. I'd imagine he would also have far bigger and better than us after him, if he is available.

don't underestimate how much he knew he was loved.......if by any miracle we go for him, im convinced he will come.even on loan

I don't know why Rafa wouldn't bring him back as a no.10 he's just the type of player we need to break into the box, no one in our team at the moment is making those surging runs and putting the defenders on the back foot. He'd be great foil for Gayle.

Read about Rafa's tactics and how he isn't a massive lover of players ad-libbing and doing their own thing. It's all about what runs to make, when another player is in a certain position with the ball. I think Bellamy and Carragher have gone on about it. He isn't mad keen on individual flair players and mavericks by the sounds of it.

Can't see it happening and the rumours seem to have started off the bacl of Diame's comments.

Probably a pipe dream him coming back but I do wonder if maybe Rafa would take a punt on him for 6 months and see if he feels that he's someone who could be part of the squad moving forward. Loan with an option to buy, if he thinks HBA is too much of a headcase then say no thanks in the summer...

Given that we're starting Gouffran with regularity there's no doubt that a player like HBA would improve us immeasurably. At the very least he'd be a very handy addition to the squad for the last five months of the promotion push before getting a long term option in the summer.

We're desperate for a creative outlet. Shelvey will have his off days, Perez is horrible as a No.10, Diame has his days, so who can we rely on? I'd try get him on-loan. See how it goes. Obviously Rafa knows what he needs, but I believe towards the end of the season, it's players like Hatem who would help the team win matches instead of dropping points.

Hope.

It's beyond weird like. In my experience it's a purely MOTD fan phenomenona. Get owa it, Rafa is taking us to a better place.

I was just referring to the mercenary bit. I agree that there's not a hope Rafa will bring him back. He isn't a mercenary