Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-news-transfers-live-13335829

Ben Arfa reacts to PSG 'injustice'

The former Toon star has been left out of PSG’s pre-season tour squad and told to find a new club.

He posted this today on Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWiQSargh5v/?taken-by=hatembenarfaofficiel

Guest chopey

Serge Aurier and Grzegorz Krychowiak were also left out I wouldnt mind seeing those at Newcastle not sure what sort of transfer fee and wages they would command tho.

Wonder if Rafa has even thought of Ben Arfa, or he knows how much he was loved here.  Would lvoe to know his thoughts like :lol: Hope the question is put to him tbh

With how meticulous the man is there's no way he doesn't realise how highly he's regarded by many. I'm in the same boat as has been said on here many times though; I just can't see Rafa wanting him as a part of his system, unfortunately.

On his day he's the type of player we're crying out for and I am guessing he'd be available on a free?

Like others have said though can't seeing it happening.

Proper loved Hatem but can't help but thinking 'never go back' would apply here.

Absolutely.

I'm more along the lines of 'unfinished business'.  If anyone can get the best out of him Rafa can.

Proper loved Hatem but can't help but thinking 'never go back' would apply here.

Absolutely.

I'm more along the lines of 'unfinished business'.  If anyone can get the best out of him Rafa can.

Since when does Rafa work well, or work at all, with flair players?

Someone like Ancelotti is the perfect boss for HBA. Someone who'll encourage him to express himself and his talents on the pitch first and foremost, but he probably has better players already.

I absolutely love Hatem, I think he's fucking mint.

But he's clearly available at a knockdown price and Rafa hasn't shown a sniff. Rafa's the best thing to happen to this club in 15 years so whatever his call is then it's fine by me.

Absolutely.

Someone like Ancelotti is the perfect boss for HBA. Someone who'll encourage him to express himself and his talents on the pitch first and foremost, but he probably has better players already.

I am talking tactically.

Wasn't his biggest fan when he was here in his final days and believe that was fully justified and proved through time, but I'd take him in a heartbeat to kick start our season, he's exactly what we need if Rafa has it in him to cope with the maverick personality and encorperated it in theteam.

It simply won't happen like. Rafa won't tolerate it.

Absolutely.

I am talking tactically.

In what sense? :lol:

Wasn't his biggest fan when he was here in his final days and believe that was fully justified and proved through time, but I'd take him in a heartbeat to kick start our season, he's exactly what we need if Rafa has it in him to cope with the maverick personality and encorperated it in theteam.

Wonder if he'll tolerate starting Diame as our #10.

Wonder if he'll tolerate starting Diame as our #10.

He did,a lot last season. (But get Thor point)

Totally forgot about Diame :lol: His legs are gone and he isn't what he used to be. He's never been perfect technically but his powerful runs used to be effective, even though he's always been a bit inconsistent. Don't want to see him starting for us, squad player/2nd backup at the very most..

Ben Arfa will do well wherever he goes next if, and only if, he has a team built around him where he's the main man and a manager who isnt going to bench him every time he has a quiet game. Big fish in a little pond.

NUFC would be ideal as that little pond, we need a real attacking star to add flair to what is a Championship attack, but not with Rafa here unfortunately. It's ironic that Rafas system needs, maybe even relies on, a creative goalscoring number 10 to drive the team forward, and here we have HBA on a free (like Beardo's return)  who im sure could fill that role as well as we could realistically hope, and yet it can't and won't  happen. Typical NUFC luck. Same sort of luck that had an amazing natural manager with a perfect fit and passion for NUFC in Keegan playing golf in Portugal for the past two decades when he should have been our manager for this entire time, whilst we've had to watch Fergie and Wenger build legacies during this same period.