Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 1

Rich

Not sticking up for Neville because that was fucking atrocious, but (considering I haven't watched almost any football this season) does he ever put the blame at the manager's doorstep? I can't remember if he was one of the ones blaming AVB for everything at Chelsea and Spurs.

Pundits extremely rarely blame the manager, it's just how it works. I mean, Neville absolutely hammered our organisation and defending and then managed to excuse Pardew in the same sentence. It doesn't even make sense in his head, he just can't say anything else.

:thup:

Neville is right the teams above us are all better, so we are where we should be... but the rest is bullshit. And theres no excuse for the last 6 games of just literally no effort and terrible play. Pardew is trash and needs to go, to much unrest.

Southampton are only better because they have a manager who is progressive. Can you imagine Pardew playing Lalana and Rodriguez? Lol

Shaw, Lovren, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Rodriguez & Lambert would all walk into our team.

Personally speaking I've no idea how good any of our players are.

I remember being over the moon when we bought santon Mbiwa moussa etc all of the players Pardew has been given have gone backwards.

Neville is right the teams above us are all better, so we are where we should be... but the rest is bullshit. And theres no excuse for the last 6 games of just literally no effort and terrible play. Pardew is trash and needs to go, to much unrest.

Southampton are only better because they have a manager who is progressive. Can you imagine Pardew playing Lalana and Rodriguez? Lol

Sovereign state of Southampton innit. We will soon be overtaken by the Sovereign states of Stoke and Croydon.

Someone on twitter described our tactics as "parking the bus, but forgetting to apply the handbrake"

Our attempt.

http://tstoaddicts.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/otto-bus-on-blocks.jpg?w=450&h=323

http://i.imgur.com/6olUJgQ.jpg

But one of the reasons the teams above us are better is due to our manager!  Southampton arent great when you look at the sum of the parts, but Pochetino has them coached brilliantly.  Imagine what someone like him could bring out of players like Ben Arfa and even players like Anita, who are perfect for that kind of fast paced quick passing game.

But one of the reasons the teams above us are better is due to our manager!  Southampton arent great when you look at the sum of the parts, but Pochetino has them coached brilliantly.  Imagine what someone like him could bring out of players like Ben Arfa and even players like Anita, who are perfect for that kind of fast paced quick passing game.

I think if Pochettino had our both squads, he'd still play Shaw, Lovren, Lallana, Rodriguez & Lambert at least. I don't think there's much between us personnel wise. Pochettino here would have us where Southampton are now imo, a place or two better off but with better football. I'd take that.

Shaw, Lovren, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Rodriguez & Lambert would all walk into our team.

And then straight back out again as Ashley sold them for the first decent offer.

The entire side would walk in, you know why?  Because they're well drilled and playing in a side that's coached to play Football and go out and win games.  They have some good players, but so do we, the sum of their parts though isn't clearly better than ours, not at all.

Didn;t watch it, just seen the goals, Pardews interview and Nevilles opinion on SSN.

I'm sick of hearing pundits (mainly Ando on TS, but also Neville just then) saying that our current position 9th/10th is about right, and had we been offered it at the start of the season, we'd have been happy with it.

Like that somehow justifies the run of results since boxing day, because it hasn't really hurt our 'expected' position, even though its been more down to teams below us not catching us till now.

Its so frustrating that the media can't/won't/don't see Pardews failings, even with hindsight of his previous jobs.

Pardew Out - Yorkie In

You see him manage the blues? Shameful tbf.

That why I posted it, even taking that into consideration, Yorkie is still the man  :lol:

The players let him down.

Fans more like hehehe

I think if Pochettino had our both squads, he'd still play Shaw, Lovren, Lallana, Rodriguez & Lambert at least. I don't think there's much between us personnel wise. Pochettino here would have us where Southampton are now imo, a place or two better off but with better football. I'd take that.

They have some good players who would get in our side, and we have plenty who would get in theirs.  IMO he'd have us around that position minimum but he'd be going out their to win and giving us a chance of finishing much higher.  To say I'd take it would be understatement of the year, we can only dream of a manager like him to be honest.

Pochettino will be leaving Southampton within 12 months for a top club. Pardew when he eventually goes won't ever get a Premier league job again. That's all that needs to be said about it.

Pochettino will be leaving Southampton within 12 months for a top club. Pardew when he eventually goes won't ever get a Premier league job again. That's all that needs to be said about it.

I think you're overestimating the intelligence of PL chairmen there tbh. Pardew and his agent will point at that fifth place finish and manager of the year award and get another job soon enough.