Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Haven't seen the match thread yet but I would guess he's getting slated for the own goal, even though he was the only one willing and able to get back there to even try and prevent a certain goal so he gets a pass from me for it.

His decision-making was typically shite though, like the rest of his teammates.

Not read the match thread either but I'd expect/hope our fans aren't that bad that he's getting ripped for that own goal. Stuck his foot in, luck of the draw.

Much more worrying things at hand than a player busting his arse to get back and cover a teammate's opponent.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought his presence made our shape and numbers better when we were going forward and he was more sprightly than usual, which was a good start, but he didn't really feature in the way you'd want an impact sub to. I don't blame him for the own goal, he did the right thing and was just unlucky attempting a last ditch tackle - something that shouldn't need to be part of his game.

Aye, thought he was decent like. Was taking on and going past players during breaks on a couple of occasions. Haven't seen any of the game back and don't intend to, but it didn't look like to me he can be blamed for the own goal, he had to at least try and get a foot to it due to Clark's lack of awareness and leaving of Okazaki, unluckily it went in off his attempted block.

The only annoying thing upon watching it again is that he failed to track Okazaki in the first place; if he'd done so then he might have been able to do more.

He's a striker Dave. I'd be more bothered why he ended up making a last ditch tackle in his own penalty area after running the length of the pitch in the first place.

Harsh as f*** to blame him for the goal. It was the disastrous defenders that caused that.

stood at watched the lad run passed him  then waited till he was a few yards infront of him  before trying to run back . Sorry he was very much to blame .

Harsh as f*** to blame him for the goal. It was the disastrous defenders that caused that.

stood at watched the lad run passed him  then waited till he was a few yards infront of him  before trying to run back . Sorry he was very much to blame .

Where were our CM's at this point? It should not be left to number ten to run back into the box to make challenges. Can't believe he's getting blamed for it

Watch the thrid goal again cannot believe  people are defending  him over it .

I'll have a look but the fact that a ten is making that challenge and a CM is nowhere to be seen can not be put on him. He may have let him go, but he shouldn't be the one tasked with tracking him in the first place.

We were on the attack and he correctly held back to fill in, he then failed to do what he needed to do.

I'll have a look but the fact that a ten is making that challenge and a CM is nowhere to be seen can not be put on him. He may have let him go, but he shouldn't be the one tasked with tracking him in the first place.

He was the only Newcastle  player near him .

He was the only Newcastle  player near him .

Maybe he should have gone missing like the rest of the midfield and defence, that way he could have avoided any blame.

also if we are attacking why on earth would a player in the Ten be filling in? That's the job of one of the two CM's we have. You're never going to leave a player like Perez ostensibly as a holding midfielder. Its ridiculous.

He was playing on the left when he came on wasn’t he? I’ve got a shite view, so might be wrong.

also if we are attacking why on earth would a player in the Ten be filling in? That's the job of one of the two CM's we have. You're never going to leave a player like Perez ostensibly as a holding midfielder. Its ridiculous.

He was playing on the left when he came on wasn’t he? I’ve got a s**** view, so might be wrong.

He done his best work from the left when he came on, whether he was sent on to play there or not I'm not sure. What I do know is, in his time here so far he's played some of his best football on the left under Pardew & I think at times McClaren too.

Needs replacing. Never get excited about him being on the ball or playing, as he's pretty much nailed on for failing to deliver anything important. Likeable lad, just need someone more dangerous and menacing in the final third.