Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

There isn't a blue print. There's nothing. The minute the French market stops producing players who are paid cheap and have contracts that are exploitable the joke is over b/c Carr will be recommending players too expensive for Ashley to sign. Simple analysis of the "blue print" leaves a glaring hole in the statement - the part where potential isn't meant. Players are shipped out. And no profits are made.

Players like Bigi need to get the fuck out and make something of their career. It's a terrible environment for talented young players. Look at how Pardew has handled them in the past.  He throws them all in the first-team at once, at a time when we are playing like a bunch of alcoholics and then blames them after we lose.

Newcastle United are on the brink of clinching their first signing of the summer – Tenerife forward Ayoze Perez.

Perez was pictured in training with Tenerife this morning but ChronicleLive understands that sources at the Spanish club have confirmed this morning that a deal has been brokered between Newcastle and the club. Perez is also close to agreeing terms with Newcastle and a Tenerife sources said the deal was “as good as done”.

United are staying tight-lipped on the transfer but Tenerife are certain that he is St James’ Park bound, with Newcastle having moved quickly to allay fellow suitors Everton and Arsenal.

The fee is yet to be finalised but it is around the £2million valuation that would be required to trigger a clause in his contract. Another issue to be finalised are the timing of the announcement because Tenerife still have three games to play this term and have an outside chance of the promotion play-offs.

At Tenerife’s insistence, official confirmation of the Perez deal may be held off until their final game of the season on June 7 against Sporting to allay supporter anger at losing their star asset at such a crucial point of the campaign.

The capture of such an exciting young talent would be a positive start to Newcastle’s recruitment drive. He would not be viewed as a ready-made first team striker but he would be expected to make an impact next season and at such a low fee, United do not consider him to be a particularly risky capture.

Forgot about aaron spear completely. Was dubbed the next Rooney iirc :lol:

Aye but he was bone idle.

He used to go out with Dummetts cousin who's mother works in here.

She said he was the laziest twat on the planet and couldn't be bothered to learn to drive as he just got taxis everywhere no matter how short or long the journey.

Guest reefatoon
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/d5/bd/09/d5bd0919fd26da6035b978731ea9eea1.jpg

Who was the lad from the Faroe Islands?

Edmundsson went to my local team in Norway. Didn't show anything really, and only got 8 games. I think he is back in his native country playing football now.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/d5/bd/09/d5bd0919fd26da6035b978731ea9eea1.jpg

Sums up the current state of the club pretty much. I would normally be excited about this sort of signing but if he's not ready for first team football he isn't much use to us.

I love how the topic of discussion is irrelevant, could be youth development, or media relations, or the going rate for advertising hoardings, or sponsorship deals, everyone on here becomes a fucking expert.  :lol:

Yes, our youth development record is patchy, but the youth team has fuck all to do with Pardew or the first team. In fact, first team opportunities for the kids is something we as a club are pretty generous with.

I love how the topic of discussion is irrelevant, could be youth development, or media relations, or the going rate for advertising hoardings, or sponsorship deals, everyone on here becomes a fucking expert.  :lol:

Yes, our youth development record is patchy, but the youth team has fuck all to do with Pardew or the first team. In fact, first team opportunities for the kids is something we as a club are pretty generous with.

Yeah it's mad that people discuss football on an NUFC forum IMO

It's mad that people have such strong opinions on subjects about which they know nothing.

It's not unreasonable to judge our youth development on the recent results, i.e. the young players coming through and establishing themselves in comparison to other similar-sized clubs, and concluding it's not good enough.

I love how the topic of discussion is irrelevant, could be youth development, or media relations, or the going rate for advertising hoardings, or sponsorship deals, everyone on here becomes a f***ing expert.  :lol:

Yes, our youth development record is patchy, but the youth team has f*** all to do with Pardew or the first team. In fact, first team opportunities for the kids is something we as a club are pretty generous with.

It's mad that people have such strong opinions on subjects about which they know nothing.

You think it's strange that fans have strong opinions on matters regarding their football club?

They are. Or Krul was, until this season. And will be again probably.

Man, I always liked Forster when I saw him in our reserves but if you think he's developed into a top class keeper at this point you're dreaming.

:lol: or maybe you know, they do

Do they shite.  :lol:

One area we did build a good youth development system was goal, from about 1998 to 2010 we had a top quality keeper (Given) an understudy of a standard and professionalism envied by most if not all PL clubs (Harper).

We kept those keepers, developed those keepers and a succession plan was put in place so we had Krul to come in, and Forster came out of nowhere to become one of Britains best goalkeepers.

The environment oif working day in day out with Given and Harper was of course of benefit to Krul and Forster but we also appointed some top quality keeper coaches like Barron and Sadler.

Givens career met a natural end, but Barron and Harper both had a lot to offer and have been replaced by Woodman and Elliott.

It was natural however that Forster left, but the golden era of goalkeepers grown and developed by NUFC is over and it is Parsew who has killed it.

They are. Or Krul was, until this season. And will be again probably.

Man, I always liked Forster when I saw him in our reserves but if you think he's developed into a top class keeper at this point you're dreaming.

Krul will never be a top class goalkeeper, or in any case is showing no sign of becoming one with the coaching he currently gets. He might be a good shot stopper, but he doesn't command the box, is dodgy as soon as he leaves his line, and his distribution skills are absolutely rank.