Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC  10m10 minutes ago

Perez tells nufcTV: "I've been here for a very short time but I recognise the importance of the supporters and how loved they make me feel."

:aww:

:aww: love this kid.

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC  10m10 minutes ago

Perez tells nufcTV: "I've been here for a very short time but I recognise the importance of the supporters and how loved they make me feel."

:aww:

:aww: love this kid.

Don't get attached.

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC  8m8 minutes ago

"and I'll always remember them, even when I'm banging in goals for fun at the Bernabeu. PEACE"

Wish I'd have been arsed to get odds on that when I made that prediction

:lol: :lol:

I'm fairly sure the odds will still be be fairly long.

Better at AM at the moment. Lacks the physicality as a lone striker to have any impact - at least at home. A few times we could've played an earlier ball to  him but that failed to materialise.

Only because of the way our coaching staff insist on setting us up. Reliant on long balls and knock downs, which obviously isn't ever going to be Ayoze's forte.

He's so talented though. Control and dribbling are amazing.

Better at AM at the moment. Lacks the physicality as a lone striker to have any impact - at least at home. A few times we could've played an earlier ball to  him but that failed to materialise.

Try playing Suarez so far ahead of the closest central players behind Perez (Colback and Anita) and only thump long balls to him as a lone striker and see how well he does.

Only because of the way our coaching staff insist on setting us up. Reliant on long balls and knock downs, which obviously isn't ever going to be Ayoze's forte.

We didn't pump many long balls today. Southampton sat very deep and we did try to play it on the deck but they're obviously a very strong team defensively. It's very difficult to play through a deep, well organised defence. We where just crying out for Ayoze to get more touches on the ball but when he was up front he just couldn't get the ball enough. Gouffran and Colback had decent games but we needed another person in midfield that was able to turn players and eliminate a S'hampton player and play a forward pass quickly- Ayoze has that ability.

IMO a Newcastle United side needs to be somewhat direct. Today - we tried to play the ball through midfield but the crowd can easily become restless if it doesn't work very well.

We didn't pump many long balls today.

Didn't say we did. Just that our attacking plan is largely reliant on it; which is a failure of the coaching staff.

We didn't pump many long balls today.

Didn't say we did. Just that our attacking plan is largely reliant on it; which is a failure of the coaching staff.

But that wasn't the plan today. We tried to pass it through the midfield and Southampton weren't having any of it.