Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

http://thumbs.sm.ulximg.com/sites/default/files/styles/resp_large/public/article/covers/kevin-hart-air-jordan-1-bred-platform-shoes-1.jpg?itok=A3ob6v2Z

Ayoze's new boots so he can get on  the end of the hoof ball.

Perez has been plucked from Tenerife, where he's been allowed to develop as an effective AM, and been thrown into a different league and culture as an orthodox #9 with the responsibility to compete for long hoofs with 2 big CH's with virtually no support for 30 yards.

I'll cut him a bit of slack tbh.

Yip, he's an attacking midfielder not a centre forward and needs someone to play off and bring him into the game not be expected to do that himself.

Played upfront from Tenerife didn't he, was a forward.

I'm sure he was described as an attacking midfielder when he was put forward for the Spanish young player award.

The couple of times I saw him play for Tenerife be played AML, AMC and striker.

"The 21-year-old was given dispensation by the Magpies to attend the Liga de Futbol Profesional's annual awards and walked away with the Liga Adelante's breakthrough player gong, as well being named the Segunda Division's best attacking midfielder."

Perhaps you're right. I'd love to see him with a proper striker with good movement before he is sold. Cisse now doesn't ghost into great positions like he used to. I said Ba though because he can really occupy defenders, giving Perez the space he desperately needs.

Ayoze never led the line for Tenerife, he started as an AM, although he eventually ended up playing as a foil for Aridane, the big lump they used as target man.

Ahhh, so that was the plan with Rivierre.

Ayoze never led the line for Tenerife, he started as an AM, although he eventually ended up playing as a foil for Aridane, the big lump they used as target man.

This is it man. He needs to play facing the goal at all times as a AM/second striker. You should expect any striker to be able to deal with chest height balls against CB's. Making the bal "stick". He can't do that yet and we've been wasting him as a result. I said it before but I would have Riviere upfront if only for the reason to move Ayoze somewhere he is nearly always facing the goal.

This is it man. He needs to play facing the goal at all times as a AM/second striker. You should expect any striker to be able to deal with chest height balls against CB's. Making the bal "stick". He can't do that yet and we've been wasting him as a result. I said it before but I would have Riviere upfront if only for the reason to move Ayoze somewhere he is nearly always facing the goal.

Yep, I agree. He needs to be running at defenders with the ball at his feet. Same with Cabella, although he's more capable coming in from wide.

Riviere does an OK job of holding the ball up. Probably the best use for him at the moment, as he seems rubbish at everything else with his confidence down to below zero.

He simply MUST start ahead of Gouffran, with Ayoze and Cabella. We don't have any other options at the moment.

Funny how I got stick just last week for saying Perez isn't suited to this position and needs to be moved.

Funny how literally everyone complains about us hoofing balls up to isolated lone striker Perez, because everyone knows it's a problem.