Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Absolutely no idea why he wasn't starting from the beginning of the season.  Madness - such a good player.

McClaren played a blinder with him.

I think it was understandable TBH, McClaren thought he wanted one up front and had to choose between a proven PL goalscorer and a kid who's just arrived from the Spanish second division.

I'm glad he eventually worked out a way to use him with Mitrovic (if this wasn't always his plan) but I can understand, from a new manager's point of view, why he didn't bet the house on him to begin with.

Guest reefatoon

After he scored his goal, he sort of limped away with a grimace, then looked behind him. This was all an act to try and stop Mitrovic abusing him like he did at the Chelsea game. The poor lad is terrified.

Absolutely no idea why he wasn't starting from the beginning of the season.  Madness - such a good player.

I think it was understandable TBH, McClaren thought he wanted one up front and had to choose between a proven PL goalscorer and a kid who's just arrived from the Spanish second division.

I'm glad he eventually worked out a way to use him with Mitrovic (if this wasn't always his plan) but I can understand, from a new manager's point of view, why he didn't bet the house on him to begin with.

I could understand that if Perez was new to the league this season, but after playing so well last season, playing Perez is a bit of a no-brainer really.

Glad others are giving him credit for the build-up on many of those counters too - was brilliant.

Mitro's pace is sort of like a freight train, he takes a bit to get going but is actually pretty swift once he gets moving, not fast or pacy but he's not Willo or Colo slow.

Perez's pace isn't electrifying by any means, but he's got the dribble pace where he's not far off his actual sprinting when he's on the ball.

Can´t be left out when fit.

Do not really blame Steve M. for letting him out - sometimes it takes some matches to find the right solution.

Just happy for him and happy that we have so much quality on top and on the wings. We just need to sort out dcm positions and defence.

The thing I love about this guy is he's pure technique. He's really young yet his anticipation, touch and general play is really advanced for his age.

He's just a joy to watch and works his sexy socks off!

:lol: :thup:

To be fair to Mcclaren, now he's played the guy and seen what he can do, he hasn't messed him about.

Pardew would at this very moment in time be looking to ruin it for us, by playing Cisse up top with Mitrovic based on absolutely nothing.

Would have then justified it by blaming Perez for not making a tackle which would have stopped a goal from occurring 15 mins later. Classic bitch move.

I dont think I would say this but now I really wonder who is more talented, HBA or Ayoze? I once thought we wont have another player that is comparable to HBA in 10 years but fuck me we got one already.

For sure HBAs technique and dribbling skills are on another level but Ayozes ability to perform little magic and linking up with teammates are fucking incredible.  Thats sth you can be trained to a certain level but u cant reach to the top unless u have that instinct, and Ayoze has it.

Going to enjoy him as much as I can because if he keeps this up we will be selling him in the near future. We should be looking to build the next few years at least around him but everyone knows the club doesn't care about progress on the pitch.