Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Depressing as owt that in the back of my mind I want to refrain from getting overly attached to him too much for fear of being butt-hurt a few months down the line. Same for Mitrovic. I blame the Carroll sale, no matter how good that piece of business has turned out in the end. Being a NUFC fan under Ashley really is a mindfuck. You find yourself occasionally hoping we lose games to make the position of undroppable managers untenable somehow, and you hope the good players do well but not so well as to attract the attention of the bigger clubs.

Depressing as owt that in the back of my mind I want to refrain from getting overly attached to him too much for fear of being butt-hurt a few months down the line. Same for Mitrovic. I blame the Carroll sale, no matter how good that piece of business has turned out in the end. Being a NUFC fan under Ashley really is a mindfuck. You find yourself occasionally hoping we lose games to make the position of undroppable managers untenable somehow, and you hope the good players do well but not so well as to attract the attention of the bigger clubs.

Agree the Carroll sale was a watershed moment.  From that point onwards, Ashley has been trying to replicate that sale.

Good players with no attachment to the club are always going to move on at some point but you would hope that they would at least learn when it is the right time to tell i.e. when the team is in a position to cope with the player leaving or have a replacement already at the club. 

I would be nice if the good players (especially when some of them are so young) could be here long enough to leave some kind of legacy rather than relatively few appearance where it is quickly forgotten that they ever played for us.

Going to enjoy him as much as I can because if he keeps this up we will be selling him in the near future. We should be looking to build the next few years at least around him but everyone knows the club doesn't care about progress on the pitch.

Truth.

This is why this '3 windows' stuff quoted doesn't ring true. you can easily rebuild a squad in 3 windows, nowt much wrong with that plan imo... but not if you are constantly selling your best players and 'assets'  to buy as we undoubtedly will be.

It depends, HBA may have more pure skill than Ayoze, but Ayo combines his skill with his brain, and he's much more intelligent than HBA.

Not sure this is true, Ben Arfa makes decisions incredibly quickly and while running at an amazing speed.

Yesterday's goal and 2 assists are enough justification that Hatem is actually more intelligent on the ball than Ayoze.  Loved Hatem's work for Nice's 4th.  Just waited and waited until that pass was on, then played it in an instant whilst everyone else was sleeping.

The difference with Perez is that I wouldn't begrudge him a move. He's a fantastic character and a fantastic player. Not like mercenary shits like Sissoko or Debuchy.

If and when he leaves us, let it be to Barcelona or Real Madrid.

The difference with Perez is that I wouldn't begrudge him a move. He's a fantastic character and a fantastic player. Not like mercenary s***s like Sissoko or Debuchy.

If and when he leaves us, let it be to Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Any player who joins us is a mercenary. Sissoko's behavior might be annoying but if he's got an ounce of intelligence, imagine what he sees on the inside compared to us. I'd be banging a drum from the rooftops shouting 'get me out of here' as well.

Sissoko and Debuchy would have been told we would be competing for Europe, and they had a little faith, and have been burned. I don't blame any player of this club for taking any actions that help them get away.

On paper we have more likable players than I ever remember us having. Perez, Mitrovic, Windjalum, Mbemba all seem like good hard-working lads with the right attitude who, incredibly, are also good at playing football.

I'd be thrilled if I wasn't so confident that we'll sell/ruin all of them in short order.

It depends, HBA may have more pure skill than Ayoze, but Ayo combines his skill with his brain, and he's much more intelligent than HBA.

Not sure this is true, Ben Arfa makes decisions incredibly quickly and while running at an amazing speed.

Yesterday's goal and 2 assists are enough justification that Hatem is actually more intelligent on the ball than Ayoze.  Loved Hatem's work for Nice's 4th.  Just waited and waited until that pass was on, then played it in an instant whilst everyone else was sleeping.

The only time Hatem came close to playing in a functioning system that attacked well with movement and pace he was very good in it. Pardew burned it all down and the rest is history...

Don't really see how Debuchy is a mercenary like. Moving to a way better team doesn't mean you're a mercenary

He joined us with the intention of using us as a stepping stone.

And? So did every single decent player we've signed in the last 5 years

Don't really see how Debuchy is a mercenary like. Moving to a way better team doesn't mean you're a mercenary

He joined us with the intention of using us as a stepping stone.

Aye and Perez didn't i suppose? soon as he gets an opportunity he'll be off as well.

Absolutely no idea why he wasn't starting from the beginning of the season.  Madness - such a good player.

McClaren played a blinder with him.

:lol: :thup:

To be fair to Mcclaren, now he's played the guy and seen what he can do, he hasn't messed him about.

Pardew would at this very moment in time be looking to ruin it for us, by playing Cisse up top with Mitrovic based on absolutely nothing.

Would have then justified it by blaming Perez for not making a tackle which would have stopped a goal from occurring 15 mins later. Classic bitch move.

I just shuddered at this scenario because you KNOW this is exactly how it would've gone down. Willo lumping long balls to Mitro who knocks them down for Cisse to be off-side.

By the far the dumbest post I've read on here for a while. Sorry, dude. :lol:

Edit: didn't mean to come across as a dick. I just think this whole 'intelligence' debate in footballers is so subjective and often people forget the little awesome things a previous player did for us, as we only remember the bigger, more striking memories they left us with.

HBA is/was as intelligent as they come on and off the ball. But overall, I wouldn't even compare the two. Different kinds of players, Ayoze as someone said above, is a lot more reserved. HBA is like the hooker you go on a binge with.

Perez is the most naturally gifted player we've had after Ben Arfa in the last dreadful 7-8 years or so like. In terms of technique, skill, awareness he's fantastic. He's just physically puny. Amazing when you consider he wasn't even at a pro club for much of his youth and was playing on amateur pitches until Tenerife re-signed him. Spain are ridiculous.

Starting to alert people outside of NUFC now and gaining a reputation.

Been our most important player for more than a year, I don't think we'd have stayed up without him and his role in our attacking play is absolutely vital now as well.

His composure and skill wins us time and opens up defences all the time. His turn before Mitrovic's goal yesterday was sublime.

Aye and Perez didn't i suppose? soon as he gets an opportunity he'll be off as well.

Mole, just wanted to say fair play to you mate. I was still unsure about Ayoze at start of season. Your support (amongst others)of him was unwavering, and spot on. Good shout, really enjoying watching him now. Long may it continue.