The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Love a good pitch invasion. Even more so when it's not merited.

Think it's small-time as f*** tbh. Cringeworthy.

We invaded the pitch because Sammy Ameobi scored a goal :lol:

And it was pathetic then too. You expect that from a League Two side celebrating winning the Play-Off Semis or something, not a biggish Premier League club winning an FA Cup Quarter Final. :lol:

So fans of Premier League clubs can't go mental at their team doing well?

hasnt it been forever since villa went to wembley in the FA cup?

They were in 2000

ah ok, 15 is a canny long time, just ask the Mackems.

Strictly speaking, we went there in 2010 in the FA Cup, when Chelsea casually dismissed us without leaving first gear. We went there twice that year, lost both matches and I reckon managed one shot on target in 180 minutes football.

2000 was even fucking worse, that was horrific.

Anyway, we've had a horrific four years, especially at home. We've had the two worse home league seasons in our history the last two years and this year was looking worse.

It means a lot, which probably explains the over-excitement, and it was against Albion - although that only matters if you're a Villa fan from north of the city. I can honestly say, Albion mean absolutely nothing to me, no more animosity to them than Stoke City, it's not a derby match, despite the 4 miles between the two grounds.

However, really, how fucking small time, running on before the end. Not only that, but we're pissing it two nil, about to win, and they're risking the game getting abandoned if it gets bad enough.

Incredibly small time.

Although I suspect a lot of it is to do with it being played in the evening on a Saturday, which surprises me quite a lot, especially with them getting 6000 tickets.

Even though for me it's no derby against Albion, given that the police usually make us play Birmingham with a midday kick off, and the last time they didnt (CCC semi final at their place) it turned into a pitch invasion and gigantic rumble in the city centre, I am quite amazed they played this game at this time.

https://vine.co/v/OE5UA5lWDYH

Great speed from the assistant ref.

:lol: Quality. Probably running from the dildo guy.

I like how he keeps his flag perfectly by his side. It reminds me of the 'Super Phun Thyme' episode of South Park where the guys from the 1864 place wouldn't break character :lol:

The last time I saw someone hit that speed across Villa Park, it was Tony Daley.

And it was pathetic then too. You expect that from a League Two side celebrating winning the Play-Off Semis or something, not a biggish Premier League club winning an FA Cup Quarter Final. :lol:

Grown adults man, come on. Can you not go mental without running onto a pitch? :lol:

Grown adults man, come on. Can you not go mental without running onto a pitch? :lol:

:lol: It's just a bit of fun like, livened up an otherwise boring enough game

I remember a fair few of our lot running onto the pitch when Carroll brought the score back to 2-2 against Bristol City. That was pretty fucking embarrassing.

Some bloke went absolutely flying, was hilarious.