Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

Costa flourished as Falcao's support until he found new shooting boots. For what little I saw of yesterday's game this lad looked a potentially good SS.

Agreed. I wanted to do a Leon Best comparison yesterday but they don't really have similar games except looking like a good second striker. Best was handy outside the box, decent strength and link-up play but he was actually pretty composed in front of goal when chances came his way.

Riviere looks probably more livelier outside the box.

He is strong. He outmuscled Kompany at least on two occasions which is not to expect in a Premier League debut. Other than that Kompany had him covered all yesterday, which was to expect. Looking forward to see more of him, especially if he gets some assistance from de Jong.

Looks to me like he will contribute well in holding the ball up, bringing people into play and working the channels. No doubt he will chip in with a few goals here and there too, but we've got to hope that De Jong is going to contribute a lot of goals too because I don't think this guy is going to be banging them in every week.

Will be shocked if this guy gets 10 goals this season.

Infact Ronaldo's prediction of our entire strikeforce getting less than 30 is looking pretty accurate.

Not exactly a difficult prediction to make.

Will be shocked if this guy gets 10 goals this season.

Infact Ronaldo's prediction of our entire strikeforce getting less than 30 is looking pretty accurate.

Not exactly a difficult prediction to make.

Aye :lol:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

He's not looked great, but I think that's far more about Pardew and our lack of attacking tactics than him.

New team, new league, awful manager, awful coaching.

Fretless, and it's all Pardew's fault.

If we'd had Les Ferdinand or Andy Cole in their pomp in this team with this system, they'd look sh!te as well

Thought he did alright, just no support, services or chances. He will be sick of playing for is in a couple of weeks.

He looked sick after about 15 mins today. Still, at least those who are always moaning about Cisse might realise playing as an isolated striker with no service is a pretty thankless task with this tosser as a manager.