Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

If we do get another striker then I wouldn't be surprised to see Armstrong loaned out.

He should be loaned out regardless. Get him meaningful minutes in L1 or the Championship.

Is he as rapid as Remy? Or does he have even more pace? I understand that his finishing and movement isn't as intelligent as Remy's.

Hopefully we'll get a very very good 1st choice striker as well.

Doesn't seem particularly pacy (one of the most straight-forward attribute to gauge) from the official Ligue 1 videos on youtube (search 'but emmanuel riviere'). Above average pace but not Remy-fast imo. Plays off the shoulder of the last defender a lot from what I see.

Cheers mate! Sounds s*** though.

Dunno. Depends on whose analysis you trust. If he signs, I will support him and hope he turns out good of course. Just considering our current options, I pray that he isn't our main striker acquisition this summer though.

Good deal, this. Pace and Strength in a striker is what we are terribly lacking and we now seemingly have that.

Hope we do sign a main guy though.

Riviere (whose name I'll never be able to spell correctly), Cisse, Gouffran, Perez, and Armstrong probably all competing for one striker slot. Unless someone leaves I can't see the club forking over more for a striker.

Why not? Last year we had Cisse, Remy, De Jong and Shola.... this year we have Cisse and seemingly Riviere, one more of high quality is the bare minimum we should have.

Good deal, this. Pace and Strength in a striker is what we are terribly lacking and we now seemingly have that.

Hope we do sign a main guy though.

Riviere (whose name I'll never be able to spell correctly), Cisse, Gouffran, Perez, and Armstrong probably all competing for one striker slot. Unless someone leaves I can't see the club forking over more for a striker.

Why not? Last year we had Cisse, Remy, De Jong and Shola.... this year we have Cisse and seemingly Riviere, one more of high quality is the bare minimum we should have.

In theory yes. But it wouldn't surprise me if we wait and see if Riviere/Perez  and Cisse do well then if we are struggling go back for a striker in January, unless we get a really good deal on someone. It's just not like us to actually buy everyone we need in one window.

Robert Mugabe isn't it?

Just when we thought things couldn't get worse.

Not really, at least we will know Williamson better put in good performances now otherwise we'll never see him again.