Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Much like Mitro, he struggled for goals the last time (bar when I watched him in the cup against Palace), but I liked a lot of what he did. Be good to see him back and hopefully kick on if our striker search continues to falter.

I think he's a decent 2nd striker, good grafter, bit pacey but not a goalscorer.

I've never seen a player with a weaker shot but his build up play seemed ok, I think it was Martial from Man U that was saying Riviere was his mentor at Monaco.

I've never seen a player with a weaker shot but his build up play seemed ok, I think it was Martial from Man U that was saying Riviere was his mentor at Monaco.

I'm not even sure he's got a weak shot as much as a lack of bottle. He seems to snatch at chances and scuff them rather than connect properly. Doesn't look the most confident type, if he'd banged in a couple early on here it might have been different.

Looking forward to seeing him in a non Pardew team. Especially now we've added the likes of Gini, Shelvey and Mitro.

Hopefuly the time out as allowed him to settle at the club and taken the spotlight and pressure off him a bit.

Just 25 still, and I think he deserves more appearances to show what he can do.

Looking forward to seeing him in a non Pardew team. Especially now we've added the likes of Gini, Shelvey and Mitro.

Hopefuly the time out as allowed him to settle at the club and taken the spotlight and pressure off him a bit.

:thup:

Actually looking forward to seeing him, in a weird way

The best he can hope for is being a better version of Leon Best and Best was alright for us, so it's a tough ask.

Score a few goals, hold up the ball ans run the channels. That's his limitations for me.

:thup:

Actually looking forward to seeing him, in a weird way

So am I as I quite like a lot of his work outside the box. Unfortunately I still think he will prove to be a shit finisher.