Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 17/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 34

BlueStar

The subs are going to make us all sick aren't they. Can't imagine what magnificent one he'll make today.

:lol: Like waiting to see where Jason is gonna pop up.

It shouldn't be so traumatic watching a game of football  :lol:

First half exactly the same as most games at the arse end of last season. Get to 40 minutes with nowt happening (and everyone saying "wow, we look alright" even though we've offered sod all), concede just before half time - happened vs Southampton, Man Utd, Stoke and Swansea. Usual drill is to fold like a pack of cards in the second.

The man plays 4-2-3-1 - a system, by its very design, implemented to create a fluid passing game and to create space compared to a 2-man opposition midfield - and plays long ball to a single striker up against two centre-halves renowned for their comfort in the air and strength.

If you must, MUST, play the long ball bilge, then at least have a nippy support striker for the knock-downs. It's just such a basic non-understanding of tactical play.

First half exactly the same as most games at the arse end of last season. Get to 40 minutes with nowt happening (and everyone saying "wow, we look alright" even though we've offered sod all), concede just before half time - happened vs Southampton, Man Utd, Stoke and Swansea. Usual drill is to fold like a pack of cards in the second.

Zero shots on Target in the first half btw.

I think one of those came from inside the box? albeit from an impossible angle.

And I agree the basics of being able to retain possession and keep a shape shouldn't warrant praise.

The subs are going to make us all sick aren't they. Can't imagine what magnificent one he'll make today.

:lol: Like waiting to see where Jason is gonna pop up.

It shouldn't be so traumatic watching a game of football  :lol:

:lol: You knew shit was up when Dummett got the start.

Colback, Cabella, Sissoko and Anita have been decent, Anita especially so.  Gouffran's been anonymous, I can't imagine Aarons would be any worse.

I'd go for broke and stick him straight on now.

I normally hate pardews left back sub every game, but dummett is not good enough at all so far today. Can't see why haidara hasn't started

Because in order to improve we need more British players, because they have intangible qualities such as "heart", "grit" and "drive" that foreigners obviously lack. It's amazing that this concept still holds any sway in the "best league in the world". Then again, it's amazing that a Premier League club willingly employs Alan Pardew for 3 and a half years and counting.

With a goal conceded in the first five minutes of the second half to make the comparison complete.