Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest firetotheworks

Taking wages into account has never, ever been a thing until Ashley and hearing other people say it is a direct example of people having been brainwashed or seduced by the absolute cunt at the top.

Sorry to keep banging on about Mick Lowes but i've just saw this and it reminded me of something he said along the lines of 'yes, you can say they've only spent the Cabaye and Debuchy money but it doesnt tell whole story because the amount of players they've brough in you have to take the wages into consideration'

err..

Window dealings*:

In (9): Ayoze Perez, Jack Colback, Siem De Jong, Remy Cabella, Emmanuel Riviere, Daryl Janmaat, Facundo Ferreyra, Jamaal Lascelles, Karl Darlow.

Out (10): Shola Ameobi, Dan Gosling, Luuk De Jong, Loic Remy, James Tavernier, Romain Amalfitano, Mathieu Debuchy, Sylvain Marveaux, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Hatem Ben Arfa.

:lol:

So far up the hoop of the club man.

Don't forget Darlow and Lascelles going out again too.

Because of where we live and everyone round here supporting Arsenal Its been a tough old battle to get my 7 year old to support NUFC but over the last six months he has finally given in and is a mad nufc fan now.  I was going to take him up to St James Park for the first time early this season but Im tempted to wait now till this chump leaves through fear of putting him off!

You are right, but didn't we used to get around 55,000 regularly a few years back? It was down to 49,000 on Saturday and that's a significant drop considering it's the start of the season when everyone is usually looking forward to a fresh start.

No, the ground only holds ~52,300.

I think there were some adjustments made for safety reasons during the Shepherd reign which meant losing some seats. Could be wrong though.

You are correct, you're wrong.

:lol: TRon man, where do you get some of this stuff?

I was getting it mixed up with the initial planned changes which never actually came about when John Hall was still chairman. See below:

After much heated debate the club drew up plans for a new 55,000 capacity, £65m stadium to be constructed next door to St James Park in Leazes Park. The existing facilities would be transformed into an indoor arena with extensive parkland between the two centres. It appeared the perfect answer and would have been a great sporting monument for the region to rival Europe's best; the Amsterdam arena, San Siro and Stade de France.

But Newcastle United fell into a political quagmire and had to cope with every sort of fringe opposition group with the outcome that the scheme would have to go to Public Enquiry and result in a lengthy delay before commencement - if indeed at all.

Newcastle could not afford to wait. With almost 20,000 paying customers not being able to gain entry to Gallowgate, the club had to reconsider and switch to further developing St James Park. The club's revised proposals to increase the much needed capacity to over 52,000 has been achieved by constructing two huge double tiers to both the Milburn and Leazes Stands at a cost of over £40m.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Club/History/StJamesPark

But look at the waiting list of 20,000 wanting a season ticket back then. Point is there is a massive demand for exciting ambitious football here if we were prepared to tap into it.

Because of where we live and everyone round here supporting Arsenal Its been a tough old battle to get my 7 year old to support NUFC but over the last six months he has finally given in and is a mad nufc fan now.  I was going to take him up to St James Park for the first time early this season but Im tempted to wait now till this chump leaves through fear of putting him off!

why did you stop him supporting Arsenal? You evil, evil man.

why did you stop him supporting Arsenal? You evil, evil man.

I'm not having him get out of it that easy he can suffer with the rest of us!

A good way to get your kid into cricket would be to take him to see an Alan Pardew team attempting to play football.

I'm reporting you to RSPCC, you're unreal man, why would you do that to your own child?

And on that note FUCK Ashley, FUCK Pardew, FUCK NUFC, I've had enough of this shit, absolute bullshit from top to bottom, they can all go fuck themselves, I'll stay on here cuz I like the posters on here and there's not many idiots, generally a well informed crowd, but I'll not watch another minute of "football" with these absolute fuck nuggets in charge.