Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest antz1uk

You see Everton who haven't started well and are just two points off the relegation zone, and yet there is none of the mass hysteria calling for the sacking of their manager. Win one more game and we could overtake them. Pardew has been treated harshly and has every right to feel aggrieved.

I'm gonna say it.  FUCK OFF

Guest Gino14

We're just down unless a miracle happens and Pardew goes in the next couple of weeks before the game with Leicester.  Looking at the table already, unless you think Everton have any chance of going down (I don't), you have to say that the realistically catchable teams we're likely to catch are now four points ahead.  That's double our points tally and means we need a win just to get within range of them.  Given that I can't remember the last time we got a few wins in a row, even a good manager might need anywhere between 5-10 games just to get us out of the bottom three.  Pardew isn't a good manager, so we'll be absolutely planted there by Christmas.  Pardew isn't Poyet and getting the team gradually improving, so there'll be no great escape for us.  It's looking ever more bleak as the season goes on.

Why is this c*** still here for f***s sake

Because the owner doesn't give two fucks about the fans and quality of football. Unless we are languishing in the bottom 3 deep into December and there looks to be a genuine chance of us going down (in his opinion - we the fans all know there's a genuine risk) Pardew isn't going anywhere.

The thing that worries me the most is him being here in the Championship. I genuinely think he could relegate us twice. The spineless squad of players at our club aren't Nolans or Bartons either so we're fucked on and off the pitch if we go down again.

The thing that worries me the most is him being here in the Championship. I genuinely think he could relegate us twice. The spineless squad of players at our club aren't Nolans or Bartons either so we're fucked on and off the pitch if we go down again.

The increased schedule alone would do it. There's loads of midweek games on top of weekend games down there.

The thing that worries me the most is him being here in the Championship. I genuinely think he could relegate us twice. The spineless squad of players at our club aren't Nolans or Bartons either so we're f***ed on and off the pitch if we go down again.

Ashley is clearly clueless about football and only listens to those in his "inner circle" even if they're also utterly clueless so anything is possible really. This isn't a normal football club anymore, it's become a parody.

Guest Gino14

The thing that worries me the most is him being here in the Championship. I genuinely think he could relegate us twice. The spineless squad of players at our club aren't Nolans or Bartons either so we're f***ed on and off the pitch if we go down again.

I think we'd get to a Fulham position where people would eventually see sense and he'd be gone (with us bottom of the championship after 10 games).  I reckon he's every bit as nuts as Magath as well.  I await stories once he's gone about Cabella running around in training with a Wine bottle strapped to his face.

Heard a couple of bits of the radio last night where they seemed to have decided that as Pardew is not going anywhere the fans might as well get behind the players.  The implication being that if we were to get relegated, it would be our fault rather than Pardew's.  I guess that is the message the club are trying to get out there and it is starting to succeed.

They then said that if we did get relegated, we would storm the league anyway like last time so it wouldn't be so bad.  Have those idiots looked at our players and compared them to what we had last time.  There is no way we would come straight back up and the better players would definitely leave this time.

Guest Gino14

Total nonsense anyway.  The fans are on Pardew's back but are shouting for the team as much, if not more than ever.  It's Pardew who is transmitting this fear to the players by putting the blame on them and trying to slime out of any responsibility for our current position.  He's making them nervous by putting them in a position to save his job every week and letting them know it all too well.

If the club really wanted to take pressure off Pardew and the team, instead of trying to push blame on the fans, they should come out and say what they're really thinking.  "Pardew won't be sacked even if he relegates us.  Your protests are a waste of time and we won't bow to any level of pressure, so you might as well get behind the team."

They would never do that of course, because they know the pressure would instantly be on the board and be about Ashley protests instead.  It would also kill any hope for improvement and attendances would actually drop.  That's why they're leaving the situation balanced on a knife edge.  They leave it to see if Pardew can improve it, while he takes all the pressure and the fans keep coming, because they still have hope the board will eventually see sense and get rid of him.

It's a disgraceful situation, completely devoid of honour and I'm absolutely disgusted with the whole state of the club.  It's everything poor a football club could be, but we survive because the size of the club and fans actually drag us through it.  The reputation and good will the club has built over the years keeps players coming in and fans coming back.  Ashley and his lackies have almost destroyed all that in a few short years.  It's the absolute morons guide to running a football club.  The only clubs worse ran than ours are the ones that have gone into administration or out of business.

It's a distinct possibility. I'd probably take it if Ashley sold up tbh.

Love the fact McLaren has experience abroad, and speaks such fluent Dutch too.

Speaks fluent Dutch my arse. I interviewed him at an AZ - Twente match a couple of years back and this was after a post-match press conference conducted entirely in English.

Speaks fluent Dutch my arse. I interviewed him at an AZ - Twente match a couple of years back and this was after a post-match press conference conducted entirely in English.

Perhaps he means with a fluent Dutch accent.

:lol:

Perhaps he means with a fluent Dutch accent.

:lol:

I was at that press conference. I have never felt so ashamed to be English in my whole life. I spent about half an hour apologising to the Dutch journos there. Some thought it was hilarious, some thought it was plain weird, and some of them were furious.

What do you do magpie1892?

Bit of everything communications related but I stick a fair bit of 'straight journalism' in there to keep my eye in; mostly football, travel and business.

My other half worked in NL 2011-2012 so I was at the football all the time getting interviews with players for the UK tabloids.

I interviewed Temuri Ketsbaia the other week and the result can be seen in today's Sun on Sunday. Well, in the Scottish edition as Georgia are playing Scotland on Saturday. He went absolutely mental when I mentioned Bolton 1998 - but I managed to talk him down, just...

What do we know as NUFC fans? Well we know that nine times out of ten when we want something we don't get it so we should all face up to the reality that Pardew will some fucking how turn this around to an 'acceptable' level with a few wins to keep him here at least another six months.

We as a fan base are cursed.

Four years and he's achieved absolutely nothing.

By every metric of a normal football club this man has failed.  Top to bottom the club would be better off had he never set foot in it.

From the academy to the first team there has not been one iota of progress.  He has done nothing for us.  A failure here and a failure everywhere he's been.

That's his CV.

Speaking to some parents at sunderland and newcastle academies apparently Gus poyet is popping in the academy all the time and knows all the kids' names from U9s up to 18s. Pardew on the other hand has been anonymous.

Speaking to some parents at sunderland and newcastle academies apparently Gus poyet is popping in the academy all the time and knows all the kids' names from U9s up to 18s. Pardew on the other hand has been anonymous.

Too busy working with and organising the back 4. :thup: