Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Mentioned this before, the manager basically writes off any fixture against City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, Everton and Spurs. He's quick to tell us we can't compete with these teams and, generally speaking, the results tend to bear this out. I know we've picked up the odd result here and there but they tend to beat us convincingly more often than not. Writing these 14 fixtures off, as he does, leaves just 24 games to gather points. One could also point to the meek surrenders against Sunderland and chop that 24 by another 2 so it becomes 22.

We've already played 6 of them and managed the sum total of 4 measly, poxy points. 16 games to get another 36 points to ensure we survive, more than 2 a game just to have a decent chance of surviving. We've won only 5 games in the calendar year ffs. We're going down. We're going down in a ball of flames and there are still some with their head's in the sand.

Not a chance we'd pay compensation to Derby County and I can't fathom why he'd leave them to join us.

You cant fathom why he'd leave Derby County to join us? Really?

Nah. Maybe if they fail to get promoted this season, but not at this very moment.

Righto  :lol:

It's the fixture list that's the killer as much as anything. We've hardly played anybody, many hidings on the way.

The fixture list only gives us maybe two teams a year who are unbeatable for fucks sake. I'm not even sure we've played one yet.

The fixture list is the same for everyone - you play the other 19 teams home and away. The fixtures become difficult because we're fucking terribly managed. Every fixture is tough when you're fucking hopeless.

Guest Gino14

I'd take McLaren over Pardew.  Hell I'd take a dog with a note in its mouth over Pardew.  I remember though all my Middlesbrough supporting friends when I was at Uni celebrating when he got the England job.  They were really pleased to be rid of him, so I wouldn't say he's all that great.  He might have improved of course and Derby do look good.  Just perhaps a case of be careful what you wish for if you actually want McLaren.  He'll be better than Pardew though, I have no doubt about that.

Just to put the fixture list in perspective, in our last three games we played Hull at home and needed two Cisse goals to rescue a point, played Southampton away and got beat comfortably by the same team who lost against 3-1 against Sunderland today, then scraped a draw against Swansea due to a couple of goals from nowhere a la Cisse. Yet this is our supposed resurrection according to some.

I'd take McLaren over Pardew.  Hell I'd take a dog with a note in its mouth over Pardew.  I remember though all my Middlesbrough supporting friends when I was at Uni celebrating when he got the England job.  They were really pleased to be rid of him, so I wouldn't say he's all that great.  He might have improved of course and Derby do look good.  Just perhaps a case of be careful what you wish for if you actually want McLaren.  He'll be better than Pardew though, I have no doubt about that.

Aye, but look at what happened to Boro after he left. I'd take him here.

Guest Gino14

Too many managers now get caught up in the pressure of it and forget that Football is meant to be a form of entertainment.  If it isn't that you're paying just to drudge along and exist.  It's not really what life, or Football is meant to be about.  Also it's amazing how many managers don't realise you can take pressure off the defence by attacking.  I think the most goals are probably conceded when teams sit back.  You need to be positive and go and win games.  We've appointed a lot of the worst sort of managers over the last few decades.  I think only Keegan and Robson have been any good in my time watching us.  Hughton did a good solid job and I liked him, but he was quite defensive at times.  The rest, well they have been utter s***, rescued from the scrap heap and eventually, very rightfully sent packing.

Not a chance we'd pay compensation to Derby County and I can't fathom why he'd leave them to join us.

You cant fathom why he'd leave Derby County to join us? Really?

Nah. Maybe if they fail to get promoted this season, but not at this very moment.

Righto  :lol:

Club chasing promotion where he's allowed to do what he likes and has the full backing of the board and fans while quietly rebuilding his reputation.

Club where he'll be told not to bother in the cups, tow the line and if it happened, have about half a season to avoid more mocking in the British press by saving the club from relegation.

Can see the positives in both, like.

It's like when women fancy twats because they want to be the girl that finally tames them. Managing NUFC is likely to go terribly wrong but if they are 'the one' to bring success, they'll be invincible. That's our appeal.

Guest Gino14

It's like when women fancy t***s because they want to be the girl that finally tames them. Managing NUFC is likely to go terribly wrong but if they are 'the one' to bring success, they'll be invincible. That's our appeal.

It's laughable really.  It wouldn't take much.  We just need a competent coach who will actually try and win games.  It's not a great deal to ask.  Anyone with those qualifications can potentially make themselves a legend here.  Instead we keep appointing defensive plodders who will never understand what the fans here want.  They'll talk about unrealistic expectations as they either grind out grim 1-0 wins, or bleat out excuses when we lose 4-0.  We keep appointing the same kind of twat.  In quite a short period we've had Souness, Allardyce and Pardew.  They're the epitome of most Newcastle fans worst nightmare of managerial choices.

In the unlikely event that Cisse, Sammy and Obertan were to continue to show good form and rescue Pardew,  They would be sold under Ashleys scorched earth tenure rather than allow us to challenge. I think we all realise that by now don't we.

Draw has given him some breathing room but he's still fucked. We can't defend for shit so god knows what the quality teams coming up will do to us. Leicester will give is a tough game at home, we could easily draw or lose that and then it starts getting really difficult after that.

Cisse has bailed him out at just the right time but we still haven't won and he's still only barely clinging on.