Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest exiledmag

Is the home of the Pardew is not responsible for anything that goes right and culpable for everything that goes wrong brigade?

I just looked at that period last season, when I started to doubt my opposition to Pardew, doubt the apathy only to get it thrown in my face again. Between Nov2nd and Dec26th, out of 9 matches, we won 7, drew 1, lost 1. Including 4 wins in a row, away wins to Spurs, ManU. So I know Pardew can put a run together. I'd love it to continue and be proven wrong, I withdrew my opposition to him when we came 5th and I'll happily do it again, it'll take more than a little streak though.

Is the home of the Pardew is not responsible for anything that goes right and culpable for everything that goes wrong brigade?

You're looking for the credit to Pardew but no blame club.  It's two doors down, just look for the saliva covered windows.

Guest exiledmag

You're looking for the credit to Pardew but no blame club.  It's two doors down, just look for the saliva covered windows.

Absolutely not, he's not perfect by any means, but he's also not as bad as some people like to make out.

I'm always interested to know who people think would come to the club, work within the same constraints and make a better job than Pardew has done.

Absolutely not, he's not perfect by any means, but he's also not as bad as some people like to make out.

I'm always interested to know who people think would come to the club, work within the same constraints and make a better job than Pardew has done.

Your right there like, no manager on earth has ever worked for a handsome salary in the premier league with a squad of internationals. God bless the King for doing us favour.

All the stooges coming out of the woodwork because we have had a few good results which are largely down to Pardew having to select players like Cabella & Perez as well as Abeid last week.

Just wait until Williamson is back in the side again and Pardew drops Perez for Cisse and puts Sissoko back on the wing....

As I said last week, cream always rises to the top and dross eventually finds its own level..

Basic facts - the future for NUFC is grim no matter who is the manager.

Then I can see why people do what HTT and others keep threatening to do. Give up (though granted, and understandably, it never seems to happen).

It is interesting how different people see the club we all support though.

It has been grim in a sense, but surely you can enjoy the run for what it is, and in the knowledge we're not fucked, and are unlikely ever to be. If we're talking honours, then one day under this manager, or the next, or the one after that, or someday we'll win something. Not that it matters a jot, we support and enjoy what is there.

We all have some mad affinity to the club, and probably an even deeper connection with the city that the club unquestionably represents. And we're a city that however passive the support is painted, will not see a club collapsing into the shit. Whoever is the owner or knacker or manager in charge, the club will not die or be grim for long. There isn't a huge divide, there hasn't been a single season I haven't had a go at the manager, and by fuck Pardew has a lot more to answer for than some, but to support a loss or bemoan a win is just as hurtful and alien to many as it is to others witnessing chants asking Pardew for a wave when we're 2 nil down.

Guest lincoln_imp

Tuchel, De Boer, Jemez, Moyes, Koeman (would have) take your pick from any number of coaches working under far harsher financial restrictions than poor Alan. Prob wouldn't almost relegate us. Also he is as much part of the "constraints" as Ashley is. so yeah total fallacy

Where do you get the idea that Tuchel/De Boer would manage Newcastle?  One is a manager of Ajax, the other is a manager that can take their pick of clubs far superior to a Sports Direct advertising franchise. These people do their research before just casually signing up for a job.

Another thing that I wonder of, is that you accuse Pardew of being a Mike Ashley puppet, which I agree with, but if Pardiola gets canned, surely Ashley is just going to employ another puppet/mouthpiece? Why would Ashley want someone who will come into the club and try to succeed? All he wants is you lot in the PL drifting from 8th to 17th to advertise his tat.

From what I can see, Pardew is the lump, but Ashley is the tumour, and no sqwarking about who the manager is will ever change that, and I say this as a lurker who supports a true mickey mouse football club that plays non-league.

Tuchel, De Boer, Jemez, Moyes, Koeman (would have) take your pick from any number of coaches working under far harsher financial restrictions than poor Alan. Prob wouldn't almost relegate us. Also he is as much part of the "constraints" as Ashley is. so yeah total fallacy

Where do you get the idea that Tuchel/De Boer would manage Newcastle?  One is a manager of Ajax, the other is a manager that can take their pick of clubs far superior to a Sports Direct advertising franchise. These people do their research before just casually signing up for a job.

Another thing that I wonder of, is that you accuse Pardew of being a Mike Ashley puppet, which I agree with, but if Pardiola gets canned, surely Ashley is just going to employ another puppet/mouthpiece? Why would Ashley want someone who will come into the club and try to succeed? All he wants is you lot in the PL drifting from 8th to 17th to advertise his tat.

From what I can see, Pardew is the lump, but Ashley is the tumour, and no sqwarking about who the manager is will ever change that, and I say this as a lurker who supports a true mickey mouse football club that plays non-league.

We've signed two of Ajax's better players of the last few years, including their captain, why wouldn't we be able to sign their manager? A man who has made comments about how much he respects NUFC?

Guest lincoln_imp

We've signed two of Ajax's better players of the last few years, including their captain, why wouldn't we be able to sign their manager? A man who has made comments about how much he respects NUFC?

you might be right, I always imagine a manager who was an ex-player that has amassed great fortunes in his playing career will be a bit more selective than a current player signing for a club that pays them more than what they currently earn.

Loads of people respect NUFC because of the fans, but I can't see too many people respecting NUFC (in the last few years) as a club given the fat mess that has taken over it.

Pardew is that biggest and ugly of the ugliest of lumps thats there is. His shit tactics, shit decisions, shit football and shit ego are there for us all to see on a daily basis and live with and its bringing us all down.

Well if this run of results continues and the football continues to gradually improve (we're scoring goals at least), then we're likely to finish in the CL spots at this rate. Since the genius of Al Pards has turned it around, we know he can do it. CL next season or sackalpards.com

Wullie hit the nail on the head with probably the best post of the past few pages. The press have hushed on the bollocks they were coming out saying his hands were tied with rubbish players now that we're winning. The "manager" deserves credit for keeping Gouffran and Williamson out of the side and shifting to 433, but that's about all I can give him credit for at the moment. Carry on this way (with improvement) to the end of the season and I might start to think he's woken up.

He'll find it very difficult seeking out another manager who is prepared to act as a sex slave, who will do anything and say anything to keep his job. That total control is why Pardew has stayed in post, nowt to do with compensation.

Ashley's whole operation hinges on the yes-men who do his bidding. Getting rid of them might very well hasten his departure if he thinks it's more trouble than it's worth. But he'll certainly never leave whilst he's got these individuals willing to drive his gravy train and bend over for him whenever he tells them to.

If you support Pardew, you support Ashley. The two are inextricably linked.

If them 2 are 2 of their better players I'd hate to see their poor ones.

Guest neesy111

So you've made a judgement on De Jong after 1 game in he clearly wasn't fit?

Not just 1 game.

Did he make it to the World Cup in Brazil?

Not just 1 game.

Had a lot of injuries last season didn't he?

Guest RJberger

He could win 10 more games in a row ( He wont) And I still wont change my opinion on the man. Its pretty evident from previous clubs that the man has one blueprint and one blueprint only, keep spirits high and fight as a unit. It has nothing to do with football really, more like Rugby or a cheesy 80s american kids sports movie about tenacity and belief.

He doesnt know why he wins, he doesnt know why he loses. There is no point in embarking on a "does he/doesnt he" debate any time the stars align.

There are more fruitful answers to be had asking dement pensioners in Vegas on why they won on a one-armed bandit, than inquiring Pardew about why his team won. He wont have a clue and offer his usual waffle!

Not just 1 game.

:facepalm:

MOTD really pissed me off last night when it showed happy fans, celebrating a win and equated it to Pardew is King and we're a fickle bunch.

No doubt in my mind that it's players that have pulled Pardew out of the shit, and that by accident and not design. We've seen this before too so should all recognise it. First loss/hammering with this team and you'll see instant changes and back to the cycle of utter crap that is Pardew's forte.