Crystal Palace manager

Mick

He's been going on about Sissoko being the replacement for Cabaye. I wonder what he'll say when we're playing against teams that we can't use the counter attacking setup against. Or are we going to sit back att home against QPR as well? :lol:

One thing is sure, he wont be as effective with no space to run into. Pardew doesn't seem able to see this. Not surprised though..

He shouldn't be used as a door opener, nor a defensive midfielder. Box to box centrally, it's as simple as that.

Mad how quickly he's reverted to the self aggrandising c*** after a few wins

As if he ever wavered from that. When we were losing games for a laugh he was going on about 'great times' and fearing for his family.

Nah at Stoke he was broken. He wasn't eulogising about our tactics and Bayern, he was on the precipice.

Thought he was a goner man. So, so close. Had he a shred of self-respect he would've packed it in that night.

He's been going on about Sissoko being the replacement for Cabaye. I wonder what he'll say when we're playing against teams that we can't use the counter attacking setup against. Or are we going to sit back att home against QPR as well? :lol:

One thing is sure, he wont be as effective with no space to run into. Pardew doesn't seem able to see this. Not surprised though..

He shouldn't be used as a door opener, nor a defensive midfielder. Box to box centrally, it's as simple as that.

Bit of magic from cabella or someone obviously.

Mad how quickly he's reverted to the self aggrandising cunt after a few wins

As if he ever wavered from that. When we were losing games for a laugh he was going on about 'great times' and fearing for his family.

Nah at Stoke he was broken. He wasn't eulogising about our tactics and Bayern, he was on the precipice.

He hid in his dugout after getting a little bit of abuse and only came out in the next game after Robbie Savage called him out on it. He might have a big mouth but he's definitely a coward at heart.

The Cabaye excuse is null and void now imo. We've, somehow, won 5 off the bounce without Cabaye. Clearly it's possible to win without him (we always knew this) so bemoaning the fact he's not here any more simply doesn't wash any longer. He left nearly a year ago, he can't be used as an excuse for poor results any more. No-one can, not pardew or his little gang.

Good read generally but I would argue that while Pardew isn't popular, he certainly isn't unpopular enough. If he was despised in the stands with the fervent rage of members on here then he'd have been gone last season.

That's what I was trying to get across when I said the vast majority tolerate him rather than backing him, as long as he doesn't endanger the club.

There's a minority that would push for him to be sacked, even if we never dropped below our current position, but that minority includes most on here. It's a far more sizeable minority that the one that would be willing to hold up "back pardew" signs though, after ANY positive run of results.

No-one between those extremes likes him or wants him at the club. They will live with it though, as long as relegation isn't threatened, taking their cue from Mike Ashley.

The "footballing decision" should have been put off, I've had similar decisions to make and handled them totally different to the way Pardew has, it's called decency and it's about treating people the way that you would expect to be treated if the situation was reversed. I hate him with a passion.

His orders may have come from above but he should have argued to "hold off" until the player was clear of cancer.

It doesn't matter where the orders came from, he decided to carry them out.

His orders may have come from above but he should have argued to "hold off" until the player was clear of cancer.

Thats what I was saying.

Thats what I was saying.

I know.

I understand it from a footballing perspective, but when you add in his illness I think the club could definitely have done the decent thing and let him recover and talk about his future when he came back.

Thing is even this "footballing reasons" explanation leaves me feeling a bit uncomfortable, something just doesn't stack up. For ages he was Pardews favourite, seemed undroppable, and to the frustration of many on here. I get that he had slipped out of the starting line up but to go from Golden Boy to "find a new club" in a matter of months doesn't add up.

I'd really hope I'm wrong like because for everything I've said about Pardew, and for all the low expectations I have of him and the club in general at the minute, this still shocks me.

Footballing reasons is just as disgusting really. Uprooting a man's entire career and his family while he fights cancer... for a game.

Aye, I don't know how this can reasonably defended. Jonas was definitely on the decline, but he had been one of the first names on the team sheet under Pardew and had always given his all on the pitch (again, the quality may not have been there anymore, but his work rate cannot be questioned imo). Then to come out and say he was shipped out for "footballing reasons" when he was fighting cancer is just disgraceful beyond belief.

Thats what I was saying.

I know.

I know mate.