Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Deserves credit for his more positive approach to games in the last week.  Will never like him, but the pressure he was under seems to have cracked into some necessary changes.

We had 36% possession playing at home I'm not really sure that counts as positive football, but we fought hard so I'll give credit to the lads on the pitch. Especially the likes of Aarons and Perez who had to try and figure out a way through the Liverpool defence singlehandedly for the most part.

4 wins on the bounce, you have to give credit where it's due. Now confidence is up, a clear, attacking style of play should be formed as what we've seen recently isn't sustainable. This is where Pardew will be lacking. He can ride a wave but struggles to get back on the surf board when we fall into the sea, which every team does.

We still played very organised and defensive, we just also included enough players to get us something on the counter. I don't have a problem with that style really, especially against better teams. Against the dross I would like to see us press more and try to control possession.

He seems to be including more attacking flair players at last. Could it be the penny has dropped and he at last realises you have to get at the opposition rather than soaking up pressure and employing spoiling tactics to try and 'stay in the game' which for months seemed to be his only ploy.

If so good for him and long may it continue, we may at last be able to watch and enjoy again.

That is of course untill Ashley sells whichever players are responsible for the turnaround in form in January

Also, funny how they didn't confiscate the one pro-pardew banner ever to enter the ground.

Probably that daft PR c*** Bishop under the mask.

The knackers with the back from the dead banner were sitting just along from me. 3 young lads with smug faces, almost Pardew-esque. There was also a BackPardew.com banner in the East Stand

Also, funny how they didn't confiscate the one pro-pardew banner ever to enter the ground.

The knackers with the back from the dead banner were sitting just along from me. 3 young lads with smug faces, almost Pardew-esque. There was also a BackPardew.com banner in the East Stand

Were they definitely pro-Pardew? I took it to be just a state of play/Halloween play on words and opportunity to dress up etc.

Were they definitely pro-Pardew? I took it to be just a state of play/Halloween play on words and opportunity to dress up etc.

Either way, I hope their car broke down on the way home.

I have a sackpardew.com sign up at work, somebodys changed it dont sackpardew.com the legend.

Now they'll all be going he's the messiah now henke lad, is he fuck he's still a shite manager.  :rant: I'm happy with the results though, hopefully he shites us all the way into yoorup.

I have a sackpardew.com sign up at work, somebodys changed it dont sackpardew.com the legend.

Now they'll all be going he's the messiah now henke lad, is he fuck he's still a shite manager.  :rant: I'm happy with the results though, hopefully he shites us all the way into yoorup.

Stab them Take a shit in their desk drawers.

Deserves credit for his more positive approach to games in the last week.  Will never like him, but the pressure he was under seems to have cracked into some necessary changes.

We had 36% possession playing at home I'm not really sure that counts as positive football, but we fought hard so I'll give credit to the lads on the pitch. Especially the likes of Aarons and Perez who had to try and figure out a way through the Liverpool defence singlehandedly for the most part.

Possession stats are a crock of shit man. Only thing that matters is the score.

They passed it back and forwards and sideways loads keeping possession but done absolutely fuck all with it same as Rodgers Swansea used to.

When we got possession we were much more direct and dangerous with it than they ever were.

Pardews paradox - the manager under the least threat of the sack for poor results is the most cautious/negative manager in the league.  If he isnt going to be sacked, what is he afraid of?

He should be throwing everything in the squad at the opposition week in, week out, having fun trying to score as many as possible and fuck the consequences.  He has in a way got license to do this as that awful run of results hasnt shifted him from his job?!  Maybe he has started to realise it?

Nah

Yes, but we also hoofed it quite a lot towards Cissé and Perez who won fuck all in the air. I want to see the ball on the deck even more. Don't know how many times we lost possession by doing this.

They passed it back and forwards and sideways loads keeping possession but done absolutely fuck all with it same as Rodgers Swansea used to.

When we got possession we were much more direct and dangerous with it than they ever were.

Nothing wrong with soaking up the pressure and hitting on the counter in some games but you don't really want to be doing that at home. We were lucky that we caught Liverpool when they are fairly toothless, if we'd played that way last year Suarez and Sturridge would have took us to the cleaners.

Guest neesy111

Nothing wrong with soaking up the pressure and hitting on the counter in some games but you don't really want to be doing that at home. We were lucky that we caught Liverpool when they are fairly toothless, if we'd played that way last year Suarez and Sturridge would have took us to the cleaners.

I've got to say we must have one of the best chances to goals conversion in the league, seems like we score 1 from every 3 shots on target.