Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Being bailed out by the players and poor opposition. The two goals aside today, we were very poor I thought. Just as well WBA were even poorer. Constant long balls to Ameobi and Perez? Colo and Dummet getting too tight to their forwards? Constant sideways and backwards passing from our midfield? A Pardew wet dream of a performance and a result.

Not sure that counts as "being bailed out", the team played like he wanted to and he got the result. Though of course I agree, it looks awful.

You're right the team played exactly how he wants it to and has done for a few games now, but we all know it relies on individualism, huge dollops of fortune, misfiring opposition and uber team spirit. Its not sustainable. And its god awful to watch. I enjoyed Colo's goal and welcome the win despite feeling no real degree of delight with it, but that style of football is like sticking needles into your own eyeballs or something.

So does every team man.

I thought we were excellent today and wonder what the hell people want? We've won 5 games in a row, are unbeaten in 6 and in those 5 games we've won we've only conceded 1 goal. Fair play to him, he was rock bottom a couple of weeks ago and now has us winning games and not conceding. Just enjoy it man ffs.

Got to give him credit today, but as for doing an about turn, I'm not going to do that. 18months/2years of mostly shite and turgid football can't be written off on the back of 5 wins. He's got much, much more to do.

Of course, it would be just like NUFC and Pardew to win the League Cup this season. Such is life.

The nightmare never ends. Arrrrgghh.

We won. It's the 5th time in a row we've done that. Pardew isn't going anywhere so the best thing to do is to forget him, support the players and enjoy watching a winning team. If you can't do that it may be time to look for another hobby as following NUFC clearly isn't doing it for you.

I don't like Pardew either and never will (look at my avatar) but all this wanting us to lose and not celebrating when we score or win is just plain silly.

Seem to be loads on Tw*tter now seem to think he deserves credit now for this run.

Not me, I still credit the players.

If anything, the better the team does, and more we threaten to win a cup or qualify for 'that Europe' again, the more likely Ashley is to send him to Glasgow.

Probably.

Hopefully.

We won. It's the 5th time in a row we've done that. Pardew isn't going anywhere so the best thing to do is to forget him, support the players and enjoy watching a winning team. If you can't do that it may be time to look for another hobby as following NUFC clearly isn't doing it for you.

I don't like Pardew either and never will (look at my avatar) but all this wanting us to lose and not celebrating when we score or win is just plain silly.

It's up to anyone how they support the team, if thats how you feel that's fine but telling people to "look for another hobby" isn't fair.

Wanting us to lose isn't supporting the team.

It's up to anyone how they support the team, if thats how you feel that's fine but telling people to "look for another hobby" isn't fair.

In your opinion.

Look up the definition of "supporter" in the dictionary then.

This 'support the team' crack is absolute nonsense. The only way we stay up is if Pardew goes. If we win, he doesn't get sacked. The only objective any fan should have when entering the ground should be to destroy him, not cheer on the team to a potential victory that would only delay the inevitable.

This 100%. Anyone softening or feeling sorry for King Pardew needs to remember the damage he's doing to the club. Of course he could resign but his ego and greed won't allow that.

This 'support the team' crack is absolute nonsense. The only way we stay up is if Pardew goes. If we win, he doesn't get sacked. The only objective any fan should have when entering the ground should be to destroy him, not cheer on the team to a potential victory that would only delay the inevitable.

This 100%. Anyone softening or feeling sorry for King Pardew needs to remember the damage he's doing to the club. Of course he could resign but his ego and greed won't allow that.

:lol: It's crazy what a few wins does like.

In your opinion.

No. Some people look for the bigger picture. Happened against Souness, is happening now. You don't want to do it. That's up to you. No one is slagging the team. People want the best for NUFC. You don't get to dictate to people what being a supporter is. So what about those who grief the players when they lose the ball? They "supporting" the team are they?

Those who grief the players who lose the ball are doing so out of frustration not because they want the team they claim to support to lose the match. Surely even you can see the difference there. The manager is going nowhere so what's the point in people still wanting us to lose?

Now once again look up the definition of "supporter" in the dictionary.

In your opinion.

No. Some people look for the bigger picture. Happened against Souness, is happening now. You don't want to do it. That's up to you. No one is slagging the team. People want the best for NUFC. You don't get to dictate to people what being a supporter is. So what about those who grief the players when they lose the ball? They "supporting" the team are they?

Those who grief the players who lose the ball are doing so out of frustration not because they want the team they claim to support to lose the match. Surely even you can see the difference there. The manager is going nowhere so what's the point in people still wanting us to lose?

Now once again look up the definition of "supporter" in the dictionary.

a representation of an animal or other figure, typically one of a pair, holding up or standing beside an escutcheon.

Wallsendmag must be one of those fickle NUFC fans we're all hearing about!

http://www.reece-eu.net/stuffs/spiderman/spiderman-neat.jpg

Can't stand Pardew but I'm not stupid enough to think he's getting sacked any time soon so I'll just channel my energy into supporting the team, ie not wishing them to get beat every week.

Not like Wallsendmag to change his mind every 5 minutes.

If it was guaranteed he would lose his job if we lost against QPR yes I'd take it but he won't hence why I want us to win that game as I did today. I've come to terms with the fact that he's not going anywhere any time soon so I'll get behind the players and hope we continue this run of form for a while longer.

In your opinion.

A fair few people who also want the best for NUFC (sometimes just random bods in the stands), have copped a lot worse on here recently than a gentle suggestion to find a new hobby to be fair.

It's good that we're away from the relegation zone, but I'm still pissed that this jammy bastard is still in a job. He rides his wave of form well but equally, when we're in a rut it often lasts an absolute age.

I don't think there's anything to look forward to while this man is in charge and Ashley owns the club. The future is bleak and 5 straight wins might erase the incompetence of his reign for some fans but not for any with a modicum of sense.

Not like Wallsendmag to change his mind every 5 minutes.

If it was guaranteed he would lose his job if we lost against QPR yes I'd take it but he won't hence why I want us to win that game as I did today. I've come to terms with the fact that he's not going anywhere any time soon so I'll get behind the players and hope we continue this run of form for a while longer.

Fair enough, I don't want us to lose at the minute either.  Seems a bit rich for you to slag off other people for not thinking the same when you held the contrary view not long ago at all though.  Seem to recall a similar about-turn re going to the match versus not going to the match.

In your opinion.

It's a no brainer.

If you want someone to lose you aren't supporting them.

I can't believe we're still having the same stupid arguments when we're winning games as we were when we weren't.

In your opinion.

It's a no brainer.

I can't believe we're still having the same stupid arguments when we're winning games as we were when we weren't.

its like some ppl forget its spelt SUPPORTer

In your opinion.

It's a no brainer.

Except it's not a no brainer and you're wrong.

The definition of support isn't "want to win." Absolutely nowhere in any dictionary will you find that written.