Crystal Palace manager

Mick

http://i62.tinypic.com/2coraqg.jpg

We shouldn't rate what Hughton did here because of what he did at Norwich after he left us.  How does that work? Moron.

Yes, that makes no sense with regards to defending Pardew as their manager. Also evading the initial point trying to be made about non-Geordie managers. All round, top work :lol:

Nice to see the thread full of the lazy stereotypes they are so quick to excuse us of. Irony must be lost on them.

I get they are fiercely proud of their own; but they really don't know what they are getting into. Unfortunately, Pardew does tend to have a fairly immediate positive impact on clubs for the first year before he gets found wanting.

Bit harsh on Palace IMO, aye they're a small club but they have a good local fanbase who could easily support one of the big London clubs instead. They are deluding themselves at the moment but they wouldn't be the first set of football fans to blindly support one of their own.

Guest John Carvery

http://i.imgur.com/65JPKkT.png

Which suggests he's a spineless complicit c***, not that he was hard done by.

Exactly, he would have the full backing of the FA if Mike Ashley did penalise him for playing a strong team. It's in the rules ffs that the strongest team should be played.

But then he won't have the full backing of Moik if he goes to clothesline a player with his head

After reading that board I'm glad they've hired the charlatan.  There's one relegation place already secured for next year anyway.

Liked this though.  Asute and Pardle are two words that have a court order to be at least a few miles apart surely.

Pardew has consistently selected the wrong team to start games, but has astutely changed tactics to correct his mistakes. We have been fortunate overall in our results.

I'd love if that were so but they have a strong squad full of individuals who can pull his stones out of the fire IMO. Strong for this current league anyway.

Think they'll be in serious threat in 2016/17 though. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/65JPKkT.png

Which suggests he's a spineless complicit c***, not that he was hard done by.

Does a strong side include playing Ward, a full back, in midfield?

Narrative over facts, every time.  We need Rafa to sort this out.

Think they probably have enough points to be safe. Leicester and Burnley look destined. QPR and Villa might get new manager rub but they look terrible. Mackems are also on the cusp of bombing.

Could see palace easily losing the majority of their games left and still staying up because those others won't pick up points.

Think they probably have enough points to be safe. Leicester and Burnley look destined. QPR and Villa might get new manager rub but they look terrible. Mackems are also on the cusp of bombing.

Could see palace easily losing the majority of their games left and still staying up because those others won't pick up points.

Palace will be down in the next year or two with Pardew in charge. This May might be too soon, but it will happen.

Does anybody have a link to when he said that he wouldn't go to somewhere like crystal palace, because he's outgrown them? Sure it was over a year ago. But can't find it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-aiming-higher-jobs-7687229

That's what you are thinking of I believe.

:lol:

Thank you so much, hate this cunt.

Does anybody have a link to when he said that he wouldn't go to somewhere like crystal palace, because he's outgrown them? Sure it was over a year ago. But can't find it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-aiming-higher-jobs-7687229

That's what you are thinking of I believe.

Might be worth sharing that with those adorable palace fans. Tee hee.

I think the one thing he was still right about was the negative effect of the Europa League. Obviously it's not the reason we were so shit for so long, but it's clearly a factor that makes things harder for the manager and players.

Which doesn't really tally with our very worst run of form coming in between the long gap in the EL fixtures from Nov - Feb. 

this daft c*** will be puffing his chest out, nodding along while he reads this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31470797

no mystery at all that this has been produced during a season where 'big' clubs are involved, mind you

:lol:

It's looks good for him at first, data shows teams suffer by 2 or 3 positions, then we have our own special state 11, despite the trend 11 places is a clear anomaly.

I'm not so sure it's such a big effect.  If you look at the seasons in isolation then there appears to be correlation but expand it out a bit and that correlation suddenly melts into the 'noise'. 

Stoke

2008/09 - 12th

2009/10 - 11th

2010/11 - 13th

2011/12 - 14th

2012/13 - 13th

Everton

2006/07 - 6th

2007/08 - 5th

2008/09 - 5th

2009/10 - 8th

2010/11 - 7th

2011/12 - 7th

2012/13 - 6th

2013/14 - 5th

Spurs

2013/14 - 6th

2012/13 - 5th

2011/12 - 4th

2010/11 - 5th

2009/10 - 4th

2008/09 - 8th

2007/08 - 11th

2006/07 - 5th

2005/06 - 5th

Swansea

2011/12 - 11th

2012/13 - 9th

2013/14 - 12th

I think the one thing he was still right about was the negative effect of the Europa League. Obviously it's not the reason we were so shit for so long, but it's clearly a factor that makes things harder for the manager and players.

Which doesn't really tally with our very worst run of form coming in between the long gap in the EL fixtures from Nov - Feb. 

Fair enough, nobody's saying it explains every problem or means it's literally impossible to do well. It just seems clear that extra games and flights and less time to train would be a challenge for the club.

So the average fall is 2,3 places. Our average fall is 8,7 places. In fact if we take Newcastle out of the equation and look at the other clubs, the average fall is just 1,7 places. Not too bad and certainly no excuse for dropping 11 places.

Actually seems they could have just changed the headline to "Europa league hurts Newcastle's premier league campaign"