Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Alan Pardew has told Newcastle's fans that he "bears no grudge" against them despite their vitriolic campaign to force him out of St James's Park.

The 53-year-old Londoner, who quit the Magpies for Crystal Palace at the turn of the year, also told the Toon army: "Let's move on and try and cherish the good days we had together."

Speaking ahead of his first meeting with his old club as Crystal Palace boss, Pardew maintained he left Newcastle "with a platform to go to the next level."

Describing his programme notes as his first chance to talk directly to the Magpies' supporters since his departure, he said: "It is a great opportunity to reflect on a period that was much-discussed and often unfairly judged in my opinion.

"I had a fabulous time as Newcastle manager. We took the team to a fifth placed finish in the Premier League in the 2010/11 season (er - wasn't that the 2011-12 season, Ed?) and it is an achievement that can never be taken away from any of us who were involved in it.

"Southampton's push for a top four finish this season is probably the only comparable story in recent years.

"If you look at the net spend we had in my time at Newcastle on transfers, you can only conclude it was a successful period because the club I left are established in the Premier League with a platform to go to the next level.

"It is a legacy that I am proud to have on my record.

"I miss so many of the people at Newcastle, especially my wonderful staff, who were so loyal and committed to me and the club throughout my time in the north east, which isn't easy when the tide of popular opinion has turned against you.

"For a variety of reasons, the Newcastle supporters ran out of patience with me as manager of their club. But I can assure each and every one of them who have travelled to Selhurst tonight that I bear no grudge."

Guest Roger Kint

'He took to his programme notes to claim he felt he was “unfairly judged” during his rollercoaster four-year reign' according to the Star. So glad we are rid of this utter twat

'He took to his programme notes to claim he felt he was “unfairly judged” during his rollercoaster four-year reign' according to the Star. So glad we are rid of this utter t***

Rollercoaster ride?  More like a shuggy boat.

Still spinning away the slimy cunt. I like how he's carefully crafted his words to make it look like we ran out of patience with him despite him having his hands tied by the transfer policy. As usual he comes out of his own statements smelling of roses.

Guest TruToon94

You know what I'm looking forward to. The transfer window with this twat able to make all the choices.

Mullins, Zamora, Elliot. The plethoria of hard grafters coming into Palace's squad and he won't have any excuse (of course it probably won't be those players apart from Elliot but you never know) and we'll all be relieved that Ashley had such strict control over transfer policy.

:lol: All English football coverage is just echoes of whatever they say in England in various languages. No one knows s***.

It was quite scary how they repeated the same trite talking points "placed Newcastle fifth" "didn't have control on transfers" "has now revived Palace's fortunes" :lol:

:lol: All English football coverage is just echoes of whatever they say in England in various languages. No one knows s***.

It was quite scary how they repeated the same trite talking points "placed Newcastle fifth" "didn't have control on transfers" "has now revived Palace's fortunes" :lol:

They say the same bullshit here. :lol: It's frustrating.

It will unravel, our time will come.  He's too shit for it not to and he won't be bailed out at Palace every time the players grow tired of his bollocks.

Agreed and its already starting to unravel. Limped out of the FA Cup today and Arsenal, West Ham and Southampton next up in the PL. His true colours are only a couple of games away now that the novelty has worn off.

Proper cunt!