Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest firetotheworks

Just bide your time. It's going to happen. Not in the media, but the Crystal Palace fans with anything about them football wise will see it soon enough.

Went to watch (what I didn't find out till during the game) Pardew's old club, Dulwich Hamlets today. Decent setup. Canny day. Serves some nice ales and some tasty burgers. May have to venture out to more non league football.

Though one of their chants was 'Tuscany, Tuscany. Our name is Dulwich Hamlets and we look like Tuscany', which says a lot about the toff hipsters that were all too prevalent.

I've been thinking of going, may avoid if it's too hipster.

I keep saying to people I'd love him to get the England job. But the more I think about it, the more I'm not so sure.

Firstly, there's every chance the jammy cunt flukes a good performance and then the wankfest is even more insufferable.

Alternatively, he fails. But then you'll still get the likes of Ian Wright  and every uninformed melt of a human being telling us that he's still a' top class club manager'. Tosser.

The knives would come out in full force if Pardew were England manager. All he has is a career of false dawns followed by failure. He has no record to fall back on, like Van Gaal at Man U. Any tantrums etc. will be met with the pushing the lino, headbutting that player, and calling Pellegrini a cunt stories getting another airing. Whoever's up next also has the perfect banana skin of two competitive games against Scotland.

At Palace in the meantime, their new keeper looked a bit slow getting across to the long ranger he conceded against Norwich. The lad in question, Alex McCarthy, couldn't displace Rob Green at QPR last year, so we might have some classic Pardew transfer logic (Obertan etc.) at play. With that clown that was here as goalkeeping coach, I can see them conceding a few more this year. Crap at the back is the easiest way to slide down the league.

Guest firetotheworks

This whole thing with him going to England wouldn't work like. It would just be 'it's alright at the level of a club like Newcastle, where he DEFINITELY did well, but England is another level.'

I'd rather just England had a decent manager who tries to make the team good to watch thanks.

I think this is the definition of cutting of your nose to spite your face, wanting him in that is.

Don't you guys want the England setup to win something? Why the f*** would you wish your enemy upon your country's national setup? Makes no sense to me.

To stick it to the media/other fans/Pardew/the man or something. It's just a bit odd.

I'd actually quite like to support England again. My support virtually disappeared (when McClaren arrived, ironically :lol: ), it'd be nice to get it back some day. Couldn't bare the thought of Pards in the England set up. Imagine if he did well, man. Tbh I just want to disassociate myself with him altogether; him being at Palace will do for now - it's enough out of the way in the mean time but hopefully he rots in the lower leagues soon.

I'd actually quite like to support England again. My support virtually disappeared (when McClaren arrived, ironically :lol: ), it'd be nice to get it back some day.

It's gone. Nothing will bring it back.

I'd actually quite like to support England again. My support virtually disappeared (when McClaren arrived, ironically :lol: ), it'd be nice to get it back some day.

It's gone. Nothing will bring it back.

Aye; the last time I cared was World Cup 06 and was raging when Rooney got sent off. That'll probably never come back, but if the choice is either having a microbe of support - or wanting them to lose every single game 6-0 - I'd choose the former. Hate is so unhealthy. Pards made me ill. Can't be dealing with that again.

Pardew in charge of England would be a f***ing riot, man.  :lol:

1-0 up against Estonia when he takes Wilshere off and shoves someone utter toss that he's called up in instead because we "need to get a tackle in". Hopefully it happens, he gets crucified for it and has to gan live in the Outer Hebrides for the rest of his sad, meaningless life.

As I said the other day I doubt he'll ever get it due to his track record on the sidelines and allegedly off the pitch.

Plus there's the "Well if he's that good, would you have him as your manager?" argument and I think a lot of England fans would say no.

Redknapp would be a far better choice, although still a poor one.

If Bournemouth do alright this year then Howe might rival Monk in the hype stakes by the time they want to replace Hodgson.

Severe lack of good English managers but of course that's been the case for years now.  Also it's been a while since they appointed a young manager.

Surely Sherwood, if he has a good season, would come into the equation.

probably like aye, but then he'd have had the equivalent of 2 seasons managing football teams in his whole career - there's no way they'd take that gamble imo, and howe would have to prove it in the PL for longer too

it's all pointing to pards, i've got voodoo dolls on the go and everything, i want the rest of the country to suffer what we had to suffer for four fucking years