Stoke City 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 29/09/14 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Mike

Newcastle's back four is the worst in the league by a large distance. Janmaat, the stand out player, hasn't shown basic defensive skills yet, and I was absolutely positive that the reinvigorated Moses would tear him to pieces. It did not disappoint. He will improve, but is not too good at the current. The other three will never again be good enough to start for a Premiership team, yet start every match for this side.

Just want to say I'm now at the delirious stage, where all bad news makes me laugh a lot.

A lot of others here have probably been at this stage for a while but I'm kinda happy I'm there again.

Pardew crying gif, result, performance, it all cracks me up lately. Was actually on a date tonight and burst into a proper big grin when I saw the bbc sport goal alert from Crouch, she didn't notice thankfully

Newcastle's back four is the worst in the league by a large distance. Janmaat, the stand out player, hasn't shown basic defensive skills yet, and I was absolutely positive that the reinvigorated Moses would tear him to pieces. It did not disappoint. He will improve, but is not too good at the current. The other three will never again be good enough to start for a Premiership team, yet start every match for this side.

Janmaat is light years ahead of the rest of the team as a footballer, but Pardew probably likes him because he's tall.

It must just be all down to science now, we must have had one of the easiest starts to a season for years and we still continue to play crap and get beat by teams that shouldn't be anywhere near our standard.

How the fuck does a refined footballer like Anita sit on the bench when we need to constructively move the ball forward is beyond me. I'm by no means advocating that he plays an attacking role. Cabella should be in that number 10 hole. But Anita should be by his side as his "wall" to bounce the ball off and open up spaces. It's so fucking simple ffs.

I sat in the bar last night willing Stoke on to hammer us, just feel empty inside when it comes to our team these days. The bloke has sucked the very last bits of enjoyment from watching our games (To be fair there was not that many prior to him) and now watching us is just something I feel I have to do but I don't even feel the anger or frustration I once did, I just feel myself wanting the other team to win - gutting to be like this but I hate this fucking loser so much, I don't think we have ever had a more detestable manager.

How the f*** does a refined footballer like Anita sit on the bench when we need to constructively move the ball forward is beyond me. I'm by no means advocating that he plays an attacking role. Cabella should be in that number 10 hole. But Anita should be by his side as his "wall" to bounce the ball off and open up spaces. It's so f***ing simple ffs.

Why when he can't buy a win he hasn't tried 4-3-3 with Sissoko, Tiote and Anita is beyond me - Cabella and Perez on the wings and Cisse or Riviere up front. Or just a 4-4-2 with 2 of Riviere/Perez/Cisse/Armstrong. Surely he has to try something. ON last nights performance (And all season) I just don't see what the fuck Gouffran offers he was totally invisible apart from giving free kicks away and trying to give pens away.

Obertan was probably the best player last night, which says it all really.

To be honest I didn't work out all game where Gouffran, Cabella and Sissoko were meant to be playing there we're times when they were all on the left leaving Janmaat on his own in the right. Just having a right winger sticking to the right hand side opened things up for us a little, even a player of Obertan's ability.

How the f*** does a refined footballer like Anita sit on the bench when we need to constructively move the ball forward is beyond me. I'm by no means advocating that he plays an attacking role. Cabella should be in that number 10 hole. But Anita should be by his side as his "wall" to bounce the ball off and open up spaces. It's so f***ing simple ffs.

Why when he can't buy a win he hasn't tried 4-3-3 with Sissoko, Tiote and Anita is beyond me - Cabella and Perez on the wings and Cisse or Riviere up front. Or just a 4-4-2 with 2 of Riviere/Perez/Cisse/Armstrong. Surely he has to try something. ON last nights performance (And all season) I just don't see what the fuck Gouffran offers he was totally invisible apart from giving free kicks away and trying to give pens away.

I'll never understand why he sticks with the same things even when getting battered every week. The set pieces situation is genuinely crazy.

Why when he can't buy a win he hasn't tried 4-3-3 with Sissoko, Tiote and Anita is beyond me - Cabella and Perez on the wings and Cisse or Riviere up front. Or just a 4-4-2 with 2 of Riviere/Perez/Cisse/Armstrong. Surely he has to try something. ON last nights performance (And all season) I just don't see what the f*** Gouffran offers he was totally invisible apart from giving free kicks away and trying to give pens away.

I'll never understand why he sticks with the same things even when getting battered every week. The set pieces situation is genuinely crazy.

This is the daft thing. You'd think being on the edge as he obviously feels he is, you'd just go balls out and try a front 3 or try 2 up top with 2 genuine wingers or just do something bold to change it and get some goals. What does he have to lose exactly?

I have become so used to support it other teams it feels normal to cheer and react to goals we concede like we scored them. What a totally atrocious situation.

Exactly. Last nights final 10 minutes felt like it was US who was holding on, when it was the opposition. I don't remember EVER feeling like that as a Newcastle fan. It's an awful feeling WANTING your own team to lose.

I have not watched us so far this season as had enough but wanted to see first hand what the new players are like and how the team is shaping up.

What a total mess.  No shape, no movement, no urgency, terrible passing, horrific tactics.  We are playing with no strategy or shape with a very very negative mindset.

The pressure is already insane on these players and with this idiot in charge the above is only going to get worse.

Guest firetotheworks

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-700/h--/q-95/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/9/30/1412070215969/e8260e1e-7607-4164-88f5-bcdce47f91f9-1020x612.jpeg

MASSIVE, MASSIVE :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: CRINGE.

Fucking mongs.

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-700/h--/q-95/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/9/30/1412070215969/e8260e1e-7607-4164-88f5-bcdce47f91f9-1020x612.jpeg

MASSIVE, MASSIVE :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: CRINGE.

Fucking mongs.

It's so fitting. That banner and the alternate sackpardew campaign are the perfect visual representations of the comments section under NUFC articles. One is well thought out and perfectly reasoned and the other is some freak dismissing it all by saying "Nah. Ashley is the worstest" like we don't know.