Swansea City vs Newcastle United - 4/10/14 @ 15:00 (no TV)

LRD
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd rather be in the championship without Pardew than in the PL with Pardew

I'm utterly unconvinced that being in the PL with Pardew at the helm next season is even remotely possible, except in a Quantum probability sort of way.  So you probably won't have to worry about that choice much longer.

Pivotal day today. As much I think we'll lose and hope we lose to hopefully get rid of Pardew, we need the 3 points. The jump away from the relegation zone and into the next group is slowly becoming bigger and bigger and it won't be long until 6, 7, 8 games in become 8, 7, 6 to go.

Lose today and Pardew has to go. The international break could, for once, come in our favour. Imagine a new manager coming in and having a fairly quiet week to do some house cleaning before the main squad come back. We then go into what should be a very winnable home game against Leicester. Optimism is fresh and high in the stands, the grass is greener and we get the win everyone craves. Happy days.

Or, we lose, draw or win and Pardew remains. The international break, again, deflates the pressure on Pardew and he is allowed to waste vital days doing whatever he seems to waste his days doing. Pressure and expectations rise again for Leicester and we find ourselves in a similar boat as the Hull game (or the Cardiff game) where we're fighting rather than focusing. We've wasted another 2-3 weeks and whatever the results, Pardew is still around.

I won't be cheering on Swansea to tear us apart but I won't be going out of my way to watch, follow or find out the score. I want to say I'm numb to it but my uncontrollable desire to support AND protest at Stoke showed, at least deep down, my heart is still very much involved and tangled up in this mess. I don't know what I'm trying to say, I just want my club back.

Pivotal day today. As much I think we'll lose and hope we lose to hopefully get rid of Pardew, we need the 3 points. The jump away from the relegation zone and into the next group is slowly becoming bigger and bigger and it won't be long until 6, 7, 8 games in become 8, 7, 6 to go.

Lose today and Pardew has to go. The international break could, for once, come in our favour. Imagine a new manager coming in and having a fairly quiet week to do some house cleaning before the main squad come back. We then go into what should be a very winnable home game against Leicester. Optimism is fresh and high in the stands, the grass is greener and we get the win everyone craves. Happy days.

Or, we lose, draw or win and Pardew remains. The international break, again, deflates the pressure on Pardew and he is allowed to waste vital days doing whatever he seems to waste his days doing. Pressure and expectations rise again for Leicester and we find ourselves in a similar boat as the Hull game (or the Cardiff game) where we're fighting rather than focusing. We've wasted another 2-3 weeks and whatever the results, Pardew is still around.

I won't be cheering on Swansea to tear us apart but I won't be going out of my way to watch, follow or find out the score. I want to say I'm numb to it but my uncontrollable desire to support AND protest at Stoke showed, at least deep down, my heart is still very much involved and tangled up in this mess. I don't know what I'm trying to say, I just want my club back.

I agree with a lot of that and also don't think the result today will affect Ashley's decision on Pardew on iota.

I want pardew gone but I also want us to get 3 points quickly as like you say the gap to get out of this will grow over the next month if we don't and may make getting out of it even with a new bloke varnigh impossible.

Look on the bright side. For the first time since the days of Keegan, we will be able watch Newcastle United play and say 'this is like watching Brazil'.

http://giant.gfycat.com/ShrillNauticalGelada.gif

I feel bad that I laughed so hard at that.

I agree with a lot of that and also don't think the result today will affect Ashley's decision on Pardew on iota.

I want pardew gone but I also want us to get 3 points quickly as like you say the gap to get out of this will grow over the next month if we don't and may make getting out of it even with a new bloke varnigh impossible.

I think it will. That is to say, a win will definitely buy him more time. If we win today then beat Leicester (as we should do), the media will be giving it the old 'Crisis? What crisis?!'. Eugh. A loss doesn't change anything though, I agree.

Having said that, I've sort of come past wanting to see us lose to get rid of him because it seems futile. My resistance has been broken.  :undecided:

I'm hoping for a draw today. Given how accommodating our opening fixtures have been I'm worried too many more losses and we're knackered. I certainly can't see this side fighting our way out of the bottom 3 if we're still there by Christmas.

Another failure to win should be enough to push him out of the door with the international break a good time to get rid. Another loss would have that ominous stink of relegation about the club - especially a heavy one.

What was the statement after that defeat to Stoke? He would be in charge for this game and still in charge even if we lose right? Clutching at straws here but seems that the club aren't committed to say he will last until the end of the season.

Look on the bright side. For the first time since the days of Keegan, we will be able watch Newcastle United play and say 'this is like watching Brazil'.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it will. That is to say, a win will definitely buy him more time. If we win today then beat Leicester (as we should do), the media will be giving it the old 'Crisis? What crisis?!'. Eugh. A loss doesn't change anything though, I agree.

Having said that, I've sort of come past wanting to see us lose to get rid of him because it seems futile. My resistance has been broken.  :undecided:

Leicester will beat us comfortably, got a mate who's a fan of theirs so watched them a bit. They have pace and look organised despite not having the best of teams on paper. We on the other hand play the same dire formation every week and look absolutely shocking. Would put money on them over us. Hopefully Pardew is fucked off before then.

Fucking brutal. Thought you guys were my friends.

http://i.imgur.com/qSchTFo.jpg

Guest chopey

Anything other than a heavy defeat today and Pardew gets a stay of execution from both Ashley and the Wonga fans, its got to be short term pain for long term gain

http://i.imgur.com/qSchTFo.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9593765.ece/alternates/w620/grandpa.jpg

Anything other than a heavy defeat today and Pardew gets a stay of execution from both Ashley and the Wonga fans, its got to be short term pain for long term gain

Should be but who knows what goes through Ashley's mind.