Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

We beat Liverpool and Jose Enrique was in goal learning about our league position. That was the last time I felt pure joy in relation to the club.

Oh yeah that winning run was good too, actually played some good stuff and I actually thought the penny dropped with Pardew.

Never made that mistake again.

We beat Liverpool and Jose Enrique was in goal learning about our league position. That was the last time I felt pure joy in relation to the club.

Oh yeah that winning run was good too, actually played some good stuff and I actually thought the penny dropped with Pardew.

HBA during that run man  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Agreed. I didn't like our summer spending but Pardew did a bait and switch talk in which sounded lush and I genuinely believed 4-3-3 with HBA, Cisse, Ba, Cabaye and beating Spurs at home that we were gonna compete again. Fucking idiot I was for thinking that.

Agreed. I didn't like our summer spending but Pardew did a bait and switch talk in which sounded lush and I genuinely believed 4-3-3 with HBA, Cisse, Ba, Cabaye and beating Spurs at home that we were gonna compete again. f***ing idiot I was for thinking that.

Pardew was an idiot for stumbling on a winning formula and not sticking to it/adapting his team sheet when Ba started sulking, don't be too hard on yourself Kanji :lol:

What do people think was the best 3 results in that season btw?

Was listening to the Guardian Podcast earlier. They had some French journo on the show. He said Garde was inexperienced but seemed to have a similar philosophy to Wenger which was great to hear.

Also thought highly of Cabella and lowly of Pardew which shows his opinion should hold some value.

:lol: It's just been such a long time.

I still find it hard not to have liked that season tbh. The football wasn't great upto Cisse signing but we were high in the league and unbeaten for yonks. Take away November to February where we wobbled, I still enjoyed it.

It was ridiculously fun when Cisse first signed, spanking it in from all angles and situations. The debut goal was insane, followed by a number of crazy finishes over the coming weeks. The Swansea side-footer-while-falling-over sticks in the mind as well.

Was listening to the Guardian Podcast earlier. They had some French journo on the show. He said Garde was inexperienced but seemed to have a similar philosophy to Wenger which was great to hear.

Also thought highly of Cabella and lowly of Pardew which shows his opinion should hold some value.

Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea.

Best performances were Stoke (H or A), Man Utd and WBA though

This. Though I perversly enjoyed Swansea away when we won 0-2 with probably only 2 shots and 2% possession all game :lol:

This. Though I perversly enjoyed Swansea away when we won 0-2 with probably only 2 shots and 2% possession all game :lol:

:lol: I fucking LOVED that.

I also really enjoyed using Stoke's handtowels.

Wasn't even our worst 0-2 away win of the season :lol:

Man Utd at home, Chelsea away... after that I'd have to look at the results again.

Two 4-4-2 performances.#

Just sayin' like.

We only played 433 for a handful of games and never against that level of opposition.  So pretty inevitable since you asked for results rather than performances.

Not from that season, but the 4-4 Arsenal is probably the craziest and most exhilarating NUFC game since I have been on here. Particularly since it came out right after Carroll was sold. It had it all. Even Tiote scored the equalizer. That's still his sole NUFC goal so far, isn't it?

Not from that season, but the 4-4 Arsenal is probably the craziest and most exhilarating NUFC game since I have been on here. Particularly since it came out right after Carroll was sold. It had it all. Even Tiote scored the equalizer. That's his sole NUFC goal so far, isn't it?

I hadn't gone as mental as that after a goal for ages, forgot what it was like to be running around like a mad person and Klinsmann dive across the living room.