Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Stifler's alright man.  O0

Birds of a feather and all that :lol:

Nah, man the guy gets a bit frazzled, but he's okay. Quit being a nuisance.

Me personally I'm in a league of my own. Just an all around stud. Can't help it.

:memeyeah:

Stifler's alright man.  O0

Birds of a feather and all that :lol:

Nah, man the guy gets a bit frazzled, but he's okay. Quit being a nuisance.

Me personally I'm in a league of my own. Just an all around stud. Can't help it.

:memeyeah:

Absolute mentalists the pair of you.

Wouldn't have it any other way mind

Need proper mentalists in this place, it adds to it. I saw Kaka excited as fuck 1 post, lost his shit in another, went all anguish face in another, followed by happiness again in the span of like 4 different threads roughly about the same god damn topics - Garde, Carver, HBA. :lol:

Need proper mentalists in this place, it adds to it. I saw Kaka excited as f*** 1 post, lost his s*** in another, went all anguish face in another, followed by happiness again in the span of like 4 different threads roughly about the same god damn topics - Garde, Carver, HBA. :lol:

I'm quite normal in real life, honest  :lol:

It's this club man, it really riles me!

Watching that carver interview, I'm certain he's not getting it.

Based on?

Just a hunch, seemed like he knew something when he said he was almost certain it'll be resolved by the end of the month. Just didn't look like a man that was about to get the job.

Watching that carver interview, I'm certain he's not getting it.

Based on?

Just a hunch, seemed like he knew something when he said he was almost certain it'll be resolved by the end of the month. Just didn't look like a man that was about to get the job.

:thup: I'll take that

I'm almost certainly 100% wrong mind  :lol:

So we'll know by the end of the month, or more likely the very start of next month when the transfer window is closed. That's convenient.

I remember the summer of 2011 when we were looking for a new manager.

We were agog with speculation that Ancelotti (who I believe was sat at home in his underpants watching Homes Under The Hammer all week) was going to get the job. That came to nothing (unsurprisingly).

Then we heard (from the son of a director of the club who posted it on a forum) that Lerner had met with Rafa Benitez, Benitez wasn't just interested in the job, he'd actually *applied* for it.

I remember that summer he was talking about how he wanted to get back into the game in England with "a project". It sounded ideal. Only, when Benitez told Lerner how much money he'd need to spend on the squad, Lerner cut the interview short.

Then we heard that Steve McClaren had been approached, and were a bit concerned, only for him to get ruled out. Much relief ensued.

Then we heard that Roberto Martinez had said he didn't want to interview, he wanted to stay at Wigan another year. And we all breathed a collective sigh of relief, musing as to how he couldn't understand how to make a defence work, and having just dodged relegation a lot wasn't really much of an achievement with a manger.

Then I remember a mate of mine saying "you're not going to believe this, but I've been told we're speaking to ..." now, at this point, I absolutely guarantee you, you could have said to me "if you had to bet every single thing you own on one particular manager currently in a job not being the one I am going to complete this sentence with, who would it be?", I would have lumped it all on Alex McLeish. Every penny of it. Every last pfennig.

Then he finished the sentence ... "Alex McLeish"

I still, three years later, can not believe that a responsible adult like Lerner would think something like that could possibly work out.

Anyway, my point is, you're really still at the start of your manager search. Yeah, names will come and go, and yes, I'm saying that things can really work out cretinously badly if your owner is a big enough tool, but by the same token, you have a very long way to go yet until you arrive at the level of "insane appointment".

I reckon he'll get someone decent in.

I remember the summer of 2011 when we were looking for a new manager.

We were agog with speculation that Ancelotti (who I believe was sat at home in his underpants watching Homes Under The Hammer all week) was going to get the job. That came to nothing (unsurprisingly).

Then we heard (from the son of a director of the club who posted it on a forum) that Lerner had met with Rafa Benitez, Benitez wasn't just interested in the job, he'd actually *applied* for it.

I remember that summer he was talking about how he wanted to get back into the game in England with "a project". It sounded ideal. Only, when Benitez told Lerner how much money he'd need to spend on the squad, Lerner cut the interview short.

Then we heard that Steve McClaren had been approached, and were a bit concerned, only for him to get ruled out. Much relief ensued.

Then we heard that Roberto Martinez had said he didn't want to interview, he wanted to stay at Wigan another year. And we all breathed a collective sigh of relief, musing as to how he couldn't understand how to make a defence work, and having just dodged relegation a lot wasn't really much of an achievement with a manger.

Then I remember a mate of mine saying "you're not going to believe this, but I've been told we're speaking to ..." now, at this point, I absolutely guarantee you, you could have said to me "if you had to bet every single thing you own on one particular manager currently in a job not being the one I am going to complete this sentence with, who would it be?", I would have lumped it all on Alex McLeish. Every penny of it. Every last pfennig.

Then he finished the sentence ... "Alex McLeish"

I still, three years later, can not believe that a responsible adult like Lerner would think something like that could possibly work out.

Anyway, my point is, you're really still at the start of your manager search. Yeah, names will come and go, and yes, I'm saying that things can really work out cretinously badly if your owner is a big enough tool, but by the same token, you have a very long way to go yet until you arrive at the level of "insane appointment".

I reckon he'll get someone decent in.

Brummie you've basically doomed us to MCleish there like.

Not at all.

I'm saying you're right at the start of this process still, and pretty much every club has moments of terror when certain names crop up, but you'd have to be extremely unlucky to find you have the only chairman as fucking steeeeeyyyyyoooooooopid as ours and end up flabbergasted by an appointment of such insanity.