Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

I remember the summer of 2011 when we were looking for a new manager.

We were agog with speculation that Ancelotti (who I believe was sat at home in his underpants watching Homes Under The Hammer all week) was going to get the job. That came to nothing (unsurprisingly).

Then we heard (from the son of a director of the club who posted it on a forum) that Lerner had met with Rafa Benitez, Benitez wasn't just interested in the job, he'd actually *applied* for it.

I remember that summer he was talking about how he wanted to get back into the game in England with "a project". It sounded ideal. Only, when Benitez told Lerner how much money he'd need to spend on the squad, Lerner cut the interview short.

Then we heard that Steve McClaren had been approached, and were a bit concerned, only for him to get ruled out. Much relief ensued.

Then we heard that Roberto Martinez had said he didn't want to interview, he wanted to stay at Wigan another year. And we all breathed a collective sigh of relief, musing as to how he couldn't understand how to make a defence work, and having just dodged relegation a lot wasn't really much of an achievement with a manger.

Then I remember a mate of mine saying "you're not going to believe this, but I've been told we're speaking to ..." now, at this point, I absolutely guarantee you, you could have said to me "if you had to bet every single thing you own on one particular manager currently in a job not being the one I am going to complete this sentence with, who would it be?", I would have lumped it all on Alex McLeish. Every penny of it. Every last pfennig.

Then he finished the sentence ... "Alex McLeish"

I still, three years later, can not believe that a responsible adult like Lerner would think something like that could possibly work out.

Anyway, my point is, you're really still at the start of your manager search. Yeah, names will come and go, and yes, I'm saying that things can really work out cretinously badly if your owner is a big enough tool, but by the same token, you have a very long way to go yet until you arrive at the level of "insane appointment".

I reckon he'll get someone decent in.

Brummie you've basically doomed us to MCleish there like.

Not at all.

I'm saying you're right at the start of this process still, and pretty much every club has moments of terror when certain names crop up, but you'd have to be extremely unlucky to find you have the only chairman as fucking steeeeeyyyyyoooooooopid as ours and end up flabbergasted by an appointment of such insanity.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/68204000/jpg/_68204857_joe_kinnear2.jpg

twice

Twice?

Really? I honestly didn't know that.

Once as manager, once as DOF.

:lol: When you just say it like that.

Club is completely basket case, its not in any way normal.

I can't remember a thing about Kinnear as manager other than when he called that dude a cunt and then almost died.

Twice?

I can't remember a thing about Kinnear as manager other than when he called that dude a cunt and then almost died.

That press conference is prob the best thing he's ever done, Simon Bird is a cunt.  The crazy thing is he actually topped it the second time round with that fucking talksport shit. That thread at the time, is the most ive ever laughed

We've been really lucky with managers, if you think about it.

Kinnear was no good, so he almost dies.

Pardew was the fucking devil, and a jackass paid us to take him away.

If they could just get out of their own way for once, we might actually be a real club.

Have to say, you were monumentally lucky with Pardew's exit.

I still can't believe how that sequence of events happened. You lucky bastards.

:lol: If we can just get the replacement right, it's the biggest bit of luck I've ever seen in sports.

I still can't believe how that sequence of events happened. You lucky b******s.

:lol: If we can just get the replacement right, it's the biggest bit of luck I've ever seen in sports.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/news/rigged-draft.jpg

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/news/rigged-draft.jpg

:lol: That wasn't luck and you know it.

Twice?

I can't remember a thing about Kinnear as manager other than when he called that dude a c*** and then almost died.

That press conference is prob the best thing he's ever done, Simon Bird is a c***.  The crazy thing is he actually topped it the second time round with that f***ing talksport s***. That thread at the time, is the most ive ever laughed

:lol: Seriously, if anyone's feeling down, open that thread and listen to the Talksport interview in real time whilst reading the thread. One of the funniest, most surreal things I've ever listened to.

Newton's third law "every force must have an equal and opposite force" we had to endure some awful shit luck just having Pardew before it swung round the other way and some complete nutjob PAID us for the fucker!

:lol: Quick question.

When was the last time we were happy?

For me it was probably when we first came up and spanked Villa and the mackems, I had hope for the future and it wasn't allowed to last long.

Twice?

I can't remember a thing about Kinnear as manager other than when he called that dude a c*** and then almost died.

That press conference is prob the best thing he's ever done, Simon Bird is a c***.  The crazy thing is he actually topped it the second time round with that f***ing talksport s***. That thread at the time, is the most ive ever laughed

:lol: Seriously, if anyone's feeling down, open that thread and listen to the Talksport interview in real time whilst reading the thread. One of the funniest, most surreal things I've ever listened to.

:lol: Wait, why the fuck am I doing this. Fuck this.

NUFC is so shit I'm actually reminiscing about other times I was furious.

:lol: Quick question.

When was the last time we were happy?

I was happy during the Championship season, there was brief moments like when Carroll was scoring before he got sold etc but that aside it's been utter misery.

Pardew leaving. That was mint

Nah, I mean, happiness with a sunny outlook on the future of the club. The last time you felt like something worthwhile was being built.

Championship probably that season was great

:lol: Damn.