NUFC finances

Paully

I don't see why people were a mile off from predicting the profit. Everyone said something around £40-50m. There's basically been a mystery rise in costs of £25m that everyone is waiting to analyse. I feel most of us were spot on with the revenue number. We're heading comfortably to a top 15 club financially. Shame we act like we don't belong. Like going to prom wearing flip flops and shorts.

Guest Roger Kint

Almost to the nearest 100k,

Its fantastic that you were privy to the inner dealings of Mike Ashley and a multitude of 'undisclosed fees'

That or your lucky assumptions by chance fit the figures you chose to accept this week as opposed to the previous ones. Thank God the club were so careless as to leave a breadcrumb for you to unravel their devious scheme though, think i will stick with the infinitely more likely theory that none of know despite how you want to massage figures and pie charts to the benefit of your daily idea.

For those who know better than me. If the club have messed with the books to remove £25m from the tax man through player values or whatever, could the club essentially spend that £25m extra as it hasn't physically left or am I just being stupid?

For those who know better than me. If the club have messed with the books to remove £25m from the tax man through player values or whatever, could the club essentially spend that £25m extra as it hasn't physically left or am I just being stupid?

From my very, very limited knowledge of things they can use a variety of accounting principals to distort things depending on their interpretations. Not claiming to be the font of all knowledge but I can read and remember things that I've read in the past from people who know their stuff. If the accounts have been audited then there won't be any 'missing' money, there can't be. A £25m increase in costs in a year does sound very strange though, it'll be revealed in good time no doubt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but given that the operating profit is £28m lower than we'd expect based on last years costs the difference isn't something that could have been built on player valuations, amortisation etc.

Ebitda would only account for wages and other tangible outgoings, no?

Guest Roger Kint

anybody know when the full accounts will be available to read?

I'm guessing Sunday AM.

So the derby steals the headlines.

:lol: Going out on a limb here and saying Companies House dont work like that

Guest Roger Kint

With it being government and it being a bank holiday guess it could be next week before it appears.

Still listed as overdue so assuming they have actually filed them in time the system wont update for a few days anyway.

Other clubs' results support the suspicion that there is something very odd about our profit figure. The accounts were due on 31st March at Companies House so this is now showing as being overdue.

Guest Roger Kint

Crystal Palace announce profits £23m :lol: and they even paid 3 million for a manager.

The accounts go to 30 June 2014

Guest Roger Kint

Something is definitely amiss like.

Palace is a bad one to compare seeing as they only turnover £16m themselves. The other £74m was from TV :lol:

They have obscenely low costs and wages too. Sure the made a profit the year they came up even though their turnover was only £14m