NUFC finances

Paully

In the event the board should need to look for an external candidate

Sounds very much like looking for an external candidate would be an exceptional circumstance.  Carver is our new manager.  Fuck my life.

Guest Roger Kint

Amusing that they're still crying about the fact that they were criticised for not communicating and now they're being criticised whilst communicating.

It's WHAT you're saying, fuckwits.

At least its all our fault:

The club noted that a vocal minority of supporters on social media heavily criticise NCJ Media and its journalists when articles are positive about the club, which in the board's view puts pressure on them to write critical pieces to compensate.

Guest neesy111

Amusing that they're still crying about the fact that they were criticised for not communicating and now they're being criticised whilst communicating.

It's WHAT you're saying, fuckwits.

At least its all our fault:

The club noted that a vocal minority of supporters on social media heavily criticise NCJ Media and its journalists when articles are positive about the club, which in the board's view puts pressure on them to write critical pieces to compensate.

Fucking hell man.

Sounds very much like looking for an external candidate would be an exceptional circumstance.  Carver is our new manager.  Fuck my life.

Yup, exactly how I read it. very, very grim

I'm out if it's Carver like, just going to mentally walk away from the club.

:thup:

That's my takeaway from this festival of bullshit.

Guest Roger Kint

Can't wait to hear the spin put out when the accounts are released. Anyone got a date they are being published?

They have to be filed by 1 April, presumably they havent done that yet otherwise you could buy them from Companies House. The fact that they didnt announce them in the FF shows what a total waste of time it is, if they had anything about them the forum would have been demanding to know.

This bt in particular is fucking disgusting:

GG wanted assurances that the club aims to win every competition that it can. LH added that supporters would prefer to reach Wembley and lose rather than not at all. That view was not shared universally, with some referencing previous "painful" Wembley defeats.

Best not to get to Wembley at all. Just not worth getting anyone's hopes up if we lose, far better to get knocked out in embarrassing circumstances in January. Not even pretending any more.

Guest Roger Kint

This bt in particular is fucking disgusting:

GG wanted assurances that the club aims to win every competition that it can. LH added that supporters would prefer to reach Wembley and lose rather than not at all. That view was not shared universally, with some referencing previous "painful" Wembley defeats.

Best not to get to Wembley at all. Just not worth getting anyone's hopes up if we lose, far better to get knocked out in embarrassing circumstances in January. Not even pretending any more.

Am confused how they can complain to the club for not trying for half the meeting then say it isnt worth it if we dont win the thing, what is wrong with these people? Maybe we should accept the 10th place shit too as it was painful not winning the league back in the 90's as well.

Just went on Google translate to translate the PR rubbish into normal speak...

The board confirmed that it had pursued its first choice defensive targets in summer 2014 and had reached a verbal agreement with a player. The deal involving Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa took far longer than anticipated and the target subsequently moved to another club before it could be concluded.

Alderweireld moved to Southampton because we couldn't possibly sign a player before another one leaves. Think of the books man.

The fact that Alderweireld, MYM and Santon are all playing extremely well is irrelevant because we have Mike Williamson and he doesn't cost much.

:lol: We're just about to announce profits of anything between £30m and £50m and we couldn't afford to risk getting a new centre half in.  Pathetic.

I just put this on Facebook so copied it here. Also, I don't remember anyone in the meeting saying they didn't want a cup run because of the pain of previous Wembley defeats.

Minutes from Mondays meeting. Wasn't going to bother sharing them this time as the answers aren't great, but thought I wound considering I was told I embarrassed myself for asking something.

I asked about about the difference between the squad from 2010 to now, transfers and selling players without replacements, how we sell ourselves to young players, loan deals, the managerial situation and a question that had been sent to me about a flood. I also argued with them about cups, ambition and the club drifting along.

There was loads of opinion back and forward. I said players like Barton, Enrique and Carroll from 2010 were better than some of the players we have now and disagreed with the board that we are stronger now than then. I also said Williamson was Championship standard. They didn't agree, but they're not gonna put that in the minutes. There was plenty discussion back and forward and they probably spent about 20 minutes answering my questions and the debate around them. That doesn't come across in the minutes. I didn't agree with most of what they said, but what can you do. They've watered it down and it looks more like straight answers to straight questions when there was far more debate, criticism and disagreement than the minutes suggest.

My flood question lasted about 20 seconds at the end of my questions, because you can forward stuff on to the guy who sorts the ground maintenance. Personally, I'm not really that arsed, but someone sent it so I asked it. It didn't take up the place of any other question or take time up when something else could have been asked. I only got 3 questions sent to me an asked them all. If anyone wants a question asked next time, just send me them.

I just put this on Facebook so copied it here. Also, I don't remember anyone in the meeting saying they didn't want a cup run because of the pain of previous Wembley defeats.

Minutes from Mondays meeting. Wasn't going to bother sharing them this time as the answers aren't great, but thought I wound considering I was told I embarrassed myself for asking something.

I asked about about the difference between the squad from 2010 to now, transfers and selling players without replacements, how we sell ourselves to young players, loan deals, the managerial situation and a question that had been sent to me about a flood. I also argued with them about cups, ambition and the club drifting along.

There was loads of opinion back and forward. I said players like Barton, Enrique and Carroll from 2010 were better than some of the players we have now and disagreed with the board that we are stronger now than then. I also said Williamson was Championship standard. They didn't agree, but they're not gonna put that in the minutes. There was plenty discussion back and forward and they probably spent about 20 minutes answering my questions and the debate around them. That doesn't come across in the minutes. I didn't agree with most of what they said, but what can you do. They've watered it down and it looks more like straight answers to straight questions when there was far more debate, criticism and disagreement than the minutes suggest.

My flood question lasted about 20 seconds at the end of my questions, because you can forward stuff on to the guy who sorts the ground maintenance. Personally, I'm not really that arsed, but someone sent it so I asked it. It didn't take up the place of any other question or take time up when something else could have been asked. I only got 3 questions sent to me an asked them all. If anyone wants a question asked next time, just send me them.

out of interest, why the fuck do you bother with the whole charade?

out of interest, why the f*** do you bother with the whole charade?

It seems quite interesting at the time, and you hope you're going to get something worthwhile out of it. The minutes don't really show how the debate evolves and much of the disagreement. The question I asked at the last one about MYM was answered and I think it was the first time the club had communicated their reasoning. I didn't agree with it though. The minutes don't really show how strongly people are putting their points across and I suppose you hope you can have some influence. For example, when people were talking about the cups, fans were getting quite upset and there was plenty of disagreement with the board. You feel like you've got your point over and you've won the argument, as you would if you're debating with someone at work or where ever. I have my doubts whether what we say actually has any effect on them what so ever, but I suppose I feel like its worth trying. I'm not going to fool myself that what I say is actually making a difference though. It might not, but I certainly think its worth me, and others, putting their views across strongly.

There's really no point in supporting the club anymore is there? Unless we somehow make a proper managerial appointment, or Until Ashley dies, and or sells we're completely useless. Sickening man.

Fair play, JJ7. Obviously they're not going to reveal in the minutes just how heated things could be. That's not in their interests. It just reads as though there were simple answers to simple questions, and everyone accepted them.

Fair play, JJ7. Obviously they're not going to reveal in the minutes just how heated things could be. That's not in their interests. It just reads as though there were simple answers to simple questions, and everyone accepted them.

The draft minutes yesterday were worse, so I forwarded my concerns, but that was only to do with my questions. The whole point of my second question was about January window and if we are prepared to let people go in that month but have no intention of signing anyone, can we not do better work in the summer to make sure we aren't where we are now without barely a defender to call on. The question in yesterdays minutes didn't even mention January.

They had also left out the loan signing thing. I asked if they would be prepared to use the loan market to sign players in positions we were short, like we did in the Championship when we got in Fitz Hall and him with the long name from Blackburn. This was so that we could make moves for the present, as opposed to always thinking about players for the future. They said no. If they're going to do a loan deal it will always be with the right to buy and a player they were looking at long term. I totally disagree with that, and I told them, but that was their answer. Short of going over and smashing Charnley's glasses off, theres not much more I can do. The whole conversation isn't really reflected in the minutes and I have seen Taylor&Besty on twitter say similar about one of his questions.

On the question about whether we are better now than 2010, I told them that I disagreed that we were as their statement said when Pardew left. Charnley listed a load of players like Smith, Simpson, Perch, Campbell and Best who he said we have better than now. He said we have a stronger, young, and more valuable squad now. I told him I disagreed and pointed to Carroll, Barton and Enrique especially and I said our first 11 is no better. I said Williamson was a Championship player, to which Bobby Moncur jumped in and said "Aye, in your opinion". I said aye, thats my opinion and mentioned that we have the same set of centre backs now that we had in the Championship. At that point we sort of agreed to disagree.

The questions throughout took a similar route with disagreement and debate, especially about ambition and cup runs.

Another thing Charnley did say was that Pardew didn't help himself with some of the things he said, for example when he said he 'risked' Aarons at one game. He thought Carver had done a better job of speaking to the media. Not sure I agree with that, but then I think both Pardew and Carver are fuckin useless.

JJ7 :thup: cheers to you mate, for trying and arguing, and having the backbone to call them out to their faces man.

Minus that 5th season, and the random moments of goal brilliance, I hate this Ashley version of Newcastle United.