Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 28/02/15 - post-match reaction from page 19

Dave

What makes English manager Sherwood crap other than conjecture based on your Canadian expertise, DJ?

Let's see: given the manager's job after licking incredible amounts of anus at his previous club, by being in position of power above actually accredited, more experienced coaches who were there. Not having a sense of how the modern game works, playing style in line with all the other dinosaur homogenous managers from yesteryear, and over-reliant on the 'hardman' routine that got old in the 1980s.

I'm not a fan of Sherwood, clearly, and he may even go on to carve out a decent managerial career one day in the league, but to me he epitomizes the deeply-set malaise in English football where coaching is concerned. If the country itself is to improve, they need to hire or support their own managers who are more in tune with the modern game.

Psh, something a f***ing Canadian would say. Don't you know that only Englishmen know anything about football?

I am a Toronto FC fan as well so John Carver has literally never left my life :(

Bit weird that having Spurs in 3rd place form for his entire time there is somehow negated by an attacking style of football and means of getting appointed, mind. Sounds like biased drivel to me.

If he's so good, would you have him here?

Highlight of that was the guy behind me saying he couldn't believe Williamson was taking the freekick on the wing, then once it was whipped in into a decent area he said "fair play Willo, I take it all back"

It was of course Ryan Taylor. What a shite game

Bit weird that having Spurs in 3rd place form for his entire time there is somehow negated by an attacking style of football and means of getting appointed, mind. Sounds like biased drivel to me.

If he's so good, would you have him here?

With legitimate options such as Garde on the table, no. Instead of Charver or Pardew, in a fucking second.

Guest Roger Kint

How bad is the football when you don't want to watch MOTD even when you win?

Watching the cricket.

:thup: Boxing the cricket. Fuck watching Football First or MOTD with a whole 7 goals or whatever

Be at peace with the fact we will no longer play in the Premier League. This club has brought misery to all of us for most of our lives. Like a drug habit, just kick it.

I'm sick of this club. How can I get rid of this? I'm hoping relegation is the end. I hope if we go down. We never ever come back. I want this club dead and gone. Just be gone from my life.

:lol:

Bit argy bargy on st Andrews street post match with some irate villa fans. one stuck the nut on a kid next to me and the bairn.

Precisely why today (and Sunlun) were the remaining games I genuinely wanted us to win. Horrible fans, horrible part of the country. Fuck them to hell.

How bad is the football when you don't want to watch MOTD even when you win?

Watching the cricket.

:thup: Boxing the cricket. f*** watching Football First or MOTD with a whole 7 goals or whatever

Imagine Pardews interview on MOTD n'al :anguish:

Fuck that.

My concern is our complete lack of creativity from the midfield. Janmaat leading the assists this season or close to it? Why the fuck do we keep starting with Ameobi and Obertan if they can't even fucking set up our strikers? Both Cisse and Perez would've got bags more if they had more support and someone with a brain playing them into the box.

How was Riviere?

Play his role decently.

How can a striker going 90 mins without a serious effort on goal be a decent performance?

Because his role today was to make a nuisance of himself and create space for Cisse, which he did.

Be at peace with the fact we will no longer play in the Premier League. This club has brought misery to all of us for most of our lives. Like a drug habit, just kick it.

I'm sick of this club. How can I get rid of this? I'm hoping relegation is the end. I hope if we go down. We never ever come back. I want this club dead and gone. Just be gone from my life.

:lol:

That's brilliant  :lol: