Everton vs Newcastle United - 15/03/15 @ 4:00pm

Stifler

Here are some reasons to look forward to this game:

• This is a golden opportunity to improve our awful record at Goodison Park
  • A win would almost guarantee we finish above Everton for only the 2nd time in 10 years.
  • A win would also secure our first double over Everton since the 01/02 season
  • Everton's leaky back four could make this the perfect moment for Manu Riviere to kick start his Newcastle career
  • A goal for Ryan Taylor or Jonas Gutierrez would be an emotional moment, one of the most memorable of the season
  • A number of young players are included in the matchday squad. It would be refreshing to see Satka or Roberts get some game time
  • Both teams have poor defensive record, so this could potentially an entertaining high-scoring game
  • A win makes Burnley ever so slightly more likely to stay up. Who doesn't like Burnley?

Jesus god almighty fuck.

surely he's playing riviere because he's been told to because of the ridiculous fee we paid for him.

as for not picking cabella.....fuck knows.

He's playing Riviere because he's a fucking idiot.

"...Williamson, R.Taylor; Colback, Sissoko; Obertan, Gouffran, Ameobi; Rivière."

Jesus fucking christ. Apart from Sissoko, that's about as disgusting as it gets. Well done Carver.

Carver is horrific don't get me wrong, but the squad is absolutely noxious at this point. The footblal board is a bit of a broken record player I know, but I think this squad would be relegated in a Premier League from 4 or so years ago.

Guest Incandenza

Playing Riviere makes a lot of sense. The next 10 games are meaningless so we might aswell use them to bed in Riviere. Gouffran, Obertan or Sammy should have been the one to make way for Perez.

surely he's playing riviere because he's been told to because of the ridiculous fee we paid for him.

as for not picking cabella.....f*** knows.

The excuse for Cabella will be that he's not 100% match fit, due to missing the Mn Utd game (11 days ago)

Here are some reasons to look forward to this game:

• This is a golden opportunity to improve our awful record at Goodison Park
  • A win would almost guarantee we finish above Everton for only the 2nd time in 10 years.
  • A win would also secure our first double over Everton since the 01/02 season
  • Everton's leaky back four could make this the perfect moment for Manu Riviere to kick start his Newcastle career
  • A goal for Ryan Taylor or Jonas Gutierrez would be an emotional moment, one of the most memorable of the season
  • A number of young players are included in the matchday squad. It would be refreshing to see Satka or Roberts get some game time
  • Both teams have poor defensive record, so this could potentially an entertaining high-scoring game
  • A win makes Burnley ever so slightly more likely to stay up. Who doesn't like Burnley?

:lol: I really respect your optimism.

Don't mind playing Riviere, but not playing Perez is an absolute joke.

I mind playing Riviere. He is the Obertan of our "strikeforce" (without the bulbous head but with the same low level of ability).

as for not picking cabella.....f*** knows.

The excuse for Cabella will be that he's not 100% match fit, due to missing the Mn Utd game (11 days ago)

Perez is probably a bit too rusty at this stage.  It's a delicate balance. :(

TBH I would have kept Riviere in as well, partnering him with Ayoze.

That said, it has to be one of the worst Newcastle teams assembled in recent memory. I know we've had some shit players in our time, but come on... Williamson, Taylor, Colback, Obertan, Ameobi, Gouffran and Riviere are all below-average-to-useless.

Don't mind playing Riviere, but not playing Perez is an absolute joke.

I mind playing Riviere. He is the Obertan of our "strikeforce" (without the bulbous head but with the same low level of ability).

Imagine being told you're the Obertan of a team that actually contains Obertan.  Jesus.