The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

I've heard people say Ozil hides, which is a nonsense, I'd imagine he has more touches than anybody else other than maybe Cazorla for Arsenal. He's always showing for the ball, which is why you notice him fuck up - but his influence for Arsenal is massive and their form has been incredible since he came back.

Doesn't run around like a headless chicken enough for a lot of the press

It's definitely a perception thing based on that. Welbeck and Sanchez give the ball away and its OK cos they're running around, Ozil does it and the commentators groan. Thats not to say Sanchez isn't fucking brilliant and his work rate is part of that, but different players have different strengths. Ozil covers plenty of ground over the course of the game even though he's not doing it in noticeable bursts.

Ozil has immense quality. But he was genuinely poor for the start of this game. The criticism of him is valid. It reminds me of the Bale criticism. Yes his record is pretty impressive but over the course of 90 minutes, 10-15 games you want him to influence the match more than he does.

It's nothing like Bale. Considering they're both attacking players they literally couldn't be more different. Bale plays in short bursts, will do nowt for ages and then smash one in the top corner or take 4 players out of the game. Ozil is the opposite in that he's always involved, showing for the ball, keeping Arsenal ticking over and will look for a through ball rather than a shot. I honestly don't understand this comparison whatsoever, other than they're both very talented footballers who have had criticism.

I've heard people say Ozil hides, which is a nonsense, I'd imagine he has more touches than anybody else other than maybe Cazorla for Arsenal. He's always showing for the ball, which is why you notice him fuck up - but his influence for Arsenal is massive and their form has been incredible since he came back.

Doesn't run around like a headless chicken enough for a lot of the press

It's definitely a perception thing based on that. Welbeck and Sanchez give the ball away and its OK cos they're running around, Ozil does it and the commentators groan. Thats not to say Sanchez isn't fucking brilliant and his work rate is part of that, but different players have different strengths. Ozil covers plenty of ground over the course of the game even though he's not doing it in noticeable bursts.

The best thing about Ozil is that he literally always open for the ball and always in space. Can't teach that stuff.

It's going to be so frustrating when we hand the mackems all three points tomorrow when we could plunge them right in the shit.

Now, which would you take: The possibility of contributing to their relegation and the certainty of Carver using the win as a rallying cry for his campaign for the full time gig, or yet another loss and getting to be incredulous when Carver gets the gig regardless.