mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 5 April @ 4.00pm (live on Sky)

maybe_next_year

So Carver, as a certified assistant to the assistant was happy to stand up to Ruud Gullit 16 years ago but he's now, as head coach, prepared to spread his cheeks every week for Lee Charnley?

Aye, lying cunt.

http://m.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/revealed-the-story-behind-alan-shearer-s-infamous-tyne-wear-derby-axe-at-newcastle-1-7193358

Remember walking to the car soaked to the bone thinking it will never get worse than this. Got that wrong.

drove up in a tea shirt without a ticket, got soaked through to the kegs , after trying at ticket office and all around the ground,couldn't get in and went home- probs the best result for me in the end.

Dont think i've ever gone into a derby feeling so much apathy. Usually the build up is full on and its all I think about, this week its hardly crossed my mind.

I really want to be up for it but the problem is I haven't really cared about the club all season so to change that for just one game, even this one, just isnt working, I think part of it is that I know even if we do win, in the grand scheme of things it wont mean anything. Nothing will change. Same if we lose which is equally as depressing.

Makes me think I should just chuck it in if I cant even get hyped for this match.

Let's play "Things that have happened since Newcastle last won the derby": sponsored by Alan Pardew!

1. Since Newcastle last won the derby, I've started, worked through and completed an undergraduate degree course

Since we last won a derby I have met a lass, got engaged, moved from Gateshead to North Yorkshire to Southampton and cancelled my ST along the way.

Reckon it will be a Sunderland win to nil.

Our make shift back 4 v a combination of Wickham, Johnson, Defoe and Fletcher will see to that.  Just can't see where our goals are coming from

Jonas played well when he came on against Arsenal. And he's one of the few players that i actually think care.

Krul

Raylor - Janmaat - Willo - Colback

Abeid - Jonas

Cabella - Sissoko - Ameobi

Perez

Hopefully Sissoko can affect the game more in a bit more advanced role.

Jonas played well when he came on against Arsenal. And he's one of the few players that i actually think care.

Krul

Abeid - Jonas

Perez

Would be happy enough with that from the options available. Potentially Anita ahead of Abeid, who looked bereft of confidence last time I saw him play but would just be happy not to see Gouffran on the team sheet tbh

Krul

Abeid - Jonas

Perez

That's probably the best back four we can muster, and should be ok. I suppose it depends on whether they go for:

a. Pacey through-balls to a 34-year-old on his last pay-check

b. High balls to a p*ssed-up bean-pole who so far couldn't score in a brothel with 100 quid tied to his Johnson.

c. Wide balls to a Johnson who could only score in a council-run orphanage. (Allegedly).

Krul

Abeid - Jonas

Perez

Would be happy enough with that from the options available. Potentially Anita ahead of Abeid, who looked bereft of confidence last time I saw him play but would just be happy not to see Gouffran on the team sheet tbh

:lol: There's not a hope Gouffran won't start.

All the pressure is on them now, thankfully for them they have their saviour who will do his utmost to win them the 3 points tommorow then take points away to QPR and Leicester

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/31/2451A14900000578-2892368-John_Carver_could_take_over_at_Newcastle_job_until_at_least_the_-a-32_1420026222910.jpg