NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Company defends intellectual property shocker.

Non story. Shirt looks s*** anyway

You can probably get a Wonga patch to iron on.

What do Wonga have to do with this shirt looking shit?  :rolleyes:

People are trying to provide a decent alternative to the official dishrag.

Yeah, the Puma effort is vastly superior. I especially like what they've done with the black stripes this year, and the blue 'nappy' at the back.

And the sponsor - that's the piece de resistance for me!

Offer a decent quality kit at a decent price and with a decent sponsor and none of this would happen.

:lol: It's fucking rocket science man. Don't make it sound so straightforward.

Whether people buy this new shirt or not, as long as it isn't a Wonga pos (or some other shit peddled by the club), I'm happy.

You can probably get a Wonga patch to iron on.

What do Wonga have to do with this shirt looking s***?  :rolleyes:

you like the puma then?

Well at leaet the club has been sounded out about the issue of us getting crappy kits every season. Hope they bring this up with Puma before Puma comes up with designs for next season's kits. Just a plain black and white striped shirt and has stripes all the way on the back too. No fucking spikes, random blue lines on one side of the stripes, no fucking chevron, no blue nappy on the back, no blue slashes through the black stripes. Got it?

Well at leaet the club has been sounded out about the issue of us getting crappy kits every season. Hope they bring this up with Puma before Puma comes up with designs for next season's kits. Just a plain black and white striped shirt and has stripes all the way on the back too. No f***ing spikes, random blue lines on one side of the stripes, no f***ing chevron, no blue nappy on the back, no blue slashes through the black stripes. Got it?

The manufacturer will typically submit four or five designs to the client (NUFC) and ask them to pick the ones they want. Looking at some of our recent kits, along with this season's abortions, it's not hard to conclude that someone (probably Slugley) is picking whichever design he thinks the fans will find most repellent for his own personal amusement. As well as the cheapest option, of course - that's one of the reasons we're with Puma, because their fabric and build quality are so poor.

Ideally, football clubs would look at the impact things like this would have on their income, and balance it up against the cost in terms of ill will with fans. Especially with something as trivial as this.

Sadly, what counts is money, no matter how small an amount, and no matter how much ill will it causes.

Depressing, and a great reminder that you're customers, not supporters.

I'd be interested to see how 'traditional' the next Newastle shirt is in light of these new designs. We've had about 5 or 6 absolutely awful shirts that somehow compromise the clean black and white stripe shirt with zany gimmicks like spikes, diagonal blue stripes on the black stripes, black napkins. Now there's an alternative then it may force the cunts to up their game and produce a decent shirt.

When is the Wonga deal up? I'm interested to see what they do when that expires myself.

I believe it is the end of next season. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the opportunity to pull out at the end of this season though.